Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-05-2009, 03:40 AM   #1
darius
darius began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Hello

Hi fellow ebookers,

what a great community you guys have created here. Can't wait to explore more and meet more cool people. How do you think an ebook reader has changed/affected you? Do you read more than ever or is it just a novelty? I'm on the fence about it, but there's no denying they're such cool devices
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:43 AM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Welcome aboard, darius!

Quote:
How do you think an ebook reader has changed/affected you?
Less back strain, and more bookshelf space for Star Trek memorabilia.

Hope to hear more from you soon!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2009, 08:31 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Hello darious, and welcome to MobileRead.

where are you from? What do you like to read?

Lots of advice/opinions here on the different great devices avaialable......stick around and learn!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:53 AM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello darius I read more now that I have a reader
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi darius and welcome to the Forum. Like Ervserver, I read a lot more now that I have an eBook reader
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #6
darius
darius began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Thanks for the great welcome guys n gals. It's greatly appreciated.

I'm from Ireland, the land of green things and clouds

I was all excited about discovering the world of mobile readers and the Mobileread forums. Then I thought do I really read that much? They're a tad expensive considering the current economic climate and all. I'd have to get into reading big time to make the purchase worthwhile. Now I've started reading again and it isn't as difficult or boring as I remember. In fact there's a lot of enjoyment to be had. Thanks for the feedback too, I can see myself reading a lot more too if/when I get a reader.

@Desertgrandma - I'm a bit of a self help junkie, I probably supported the livlihoods of several gurus at present Though I'm not adverse to read anything except maybe romance. Do you have any good suggestions?
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:39 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by darius View Post
Thanks for the great welcome guys n gals. It's greatly appreciated.

I'm from Ireland, the land of green things and clouds

I was all excited about discovering the world of mobile readers and the Mobileread forums. Then I thought do I really read that much? They're a tad expensive considering the current economic climate and all. I'd have to get into reading big time to make the purchase worthwhile. Now I've started reading again and it isn't as difficult or boring as I remember. In fact there's a lot of enjoyment to be had. Thanks for the feedback too, I can see myself reading a lot more too if/when I get a reader.

@Desertgrandma - I'm a bit of a self help junkie, I probably supported the livlihoods of several gurus at present Though I'm not adverse to read anything except maybe romance. Do you have any good suggestions?
mmmm do you like mysteries? Sir Arthur Conan Doyles complete collection of Sherlock Holmes adventure is here and is great reading.

Do you like Sci-Fi? H.G. Wells, Kadrey, or Docorow are here and free.

Here is our e-book upload page. Note you can sort by genre.........have a look around, download a few, and enjoy!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote