Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-24-2008, 10:21 AM   #1
sputnik
Enthusiast
sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: EB 1150, iLiad
How to sync with PC

I am looking for a method to sync the content of iLiad's CF card with my PC.

Is it possible to do this wirelessly?
Is it possible to do this with iLiad Companion?

I have tried iLiad Companion and it won't work to sync files on my CF card (it only works if you want to put files on iLiad's internal memory).

Could somebody who managed to sync CF card with PC (either wirelessly or through iLiad companion) give indications? Thanks.
sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:30 PM   #2
sputnik
Enthusiast
sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: EB 1150, iLiad
For anyone interested, I found a great piece of soft that synchronizes files between my computer and the CF card: http://allwaysync.com/
sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2008, 02:11 PM   #3
jbbebg
Enthusiast
jbbebg began at the beginning.

Device: prs 500, prs 505, Irex Iliad, Irex Digital
You are right Sputnik, but I would suggest you using http://jfilesync.sourceforge.net/ instead allwaysync. It is free software and very useful. I do use it for synchronization. The disadvantages is to CF car has to be removed from Iliad, otherwise works great.
jbbebg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:52 PM   #4
artur
Enthusiast
artur is on a distinguished road

Device: (broken) iLiad 2, DR800S, Sony 505
You should choose the network connection to PC instead of USB connection.
But wired connection is better than wireless.

Then you can transport files to/from your CF , using sharedfolder/inbox
and sharedfolder/outbox/CF.
artur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:17 AM   #5
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbebg View Post
You are right Sputnik, but I would suggest you using http://jfilesync.sourceforge.net/ instead allwaysync. It is free software and very useful. I do use it for synchronization. The disadvantages is to CF car has to be removed from Iliad, otherwise works great.
Not sure which is really better but want to make one correction. Allwaysync is free unless used in a corporate setting or you choose to buy the pro version.

Last edited by timezone; 09-03-2008 at 11:20 AM.
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2008, 11:47 AM   #6
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I've used a product called Good Sync for a year or two now, and it has been working very well in syncing my Kindle with my PC ... and no, I don't need to remove the CF card from the Kindle .. it stays right where it is.

I don't recall if it comes in a free version or not, but my guess is that it was priced very fairly or I would not have purchased it. In any event, I think it is a great program and I use it not only to keep my Kindle in sync, but also to do uncompressed backups to my JOBD "mirror."
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote