Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
kipling
kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Help needed please, how to price my book

Hi at last I've finished my 1st book and after uploading it to kindle around 20 times I'm ready to start filling in the second page which includes how much to charge.

My book is a non fiction how to book 35 chapters, I'd like to go for the 70% option and would like some guidance on pricing my book. I don't want to price so high that people don't buy it and I don't want to feel that I'm giving it away.

Any advice would be welcome, thanks in advance

Rosalie
kipling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
MikeOxlittle
Say my name very fast ...
MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
There are a few rules that come into play when you decide to set the price for your eBook:

1. It cannot be priced at $0.00. This is because each retail website charges a small service fee for the download of the eBook file. An eBook has to be at least $0.99 in order to be sold on any retail website.
2. Anywhere between $2.99 and $9.99 is considered an "acceptable" price. Research has shown that customers are more willing to purchase an eBook if it's priced significantly lower than a paperback or hardcover book.
3. Certain retailers will pay higher royalties if your eBook is priced between $2.99 and $9.99. For example, Amazon.com will pay out 70% of the retail download price as long as your eBook is between $2.99 and $9.99. If it priced above or below these margins, Amazon.com will only pay out 35% of the retail download price.
4. Take your audience into consideration. Will they be more willing to read your eBook if it's sold at a low price? Probably!
5. Do some research. Look at other eBooks that are in the same genre as yours. What price are they being sold for? Be competitive!
MillCityPress
MikeOxlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #3
kipling
kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOxlittle View Post
Thanks for your advice Mike, will act on it today.
kipling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #4
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Actually you CAN price your book at $0.00, my first book is priced as such.

The rest of that advice is good though.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
Lloyd Tackitt
Lloyd
Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Two of the more succesful writers sell theirs at $2.99 (Konrath and Locke). Konrath claims that is the sweet spot.
Lloyd Tackitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #6
CTurner
Enthusiast
CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for PC
If you put it on smashwords you can price it lower than 2.99 and still get 70% royalty. Smashwords will ship to all the book sellers (B&N, Itunes, Kobo,...) except amazon. So you're not stuck at 2.99 if you want to get 70%. I wouldn't price it more than 2.99 to start off with...Beauty of smashwords is, if you want to do some promotions, you can put the price at whatever you want, at $0.00, for example, for a limited time, so you can promote it and gain a readership of those who may be unfamiliar with your books, or you as an author...
CTurner is offline   Reply With Quote