Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-28-2010, 08:06 AM   #1
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
dictionary converter settings for French

All right, once you've found the right dictionary converting it with the converter utility doesn't seem too difficult. Except that for each language you have to create a few text files with settings (collates.txt, morphems.txt, keyboard.txt), and I don't understand what that's about or how to do that. Ready made files have been created for Russian, Ukranian, German, English and Hebrew.

Does anyone have similar files that I could use for converting French dictionaries?
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:40 PM   #2
logan
logan doesn't litterlogan doesn't litter

Device: pocketbook 360
Hi franklekens,

I made some dictionary converter settings to generate this french dictionary:
http://godlewski.free.fr/wiktionary-...ary.org-fr.dic

I just commited these file on the pocketbook repository:
http://pocketbook-free.svn.sourcefor...converter/fre/

Feel free to improve them.
logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2010, 05:33 PM   #3
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Many thanks, I'll definitely try this. I doubt I'll offer any improvements for the text files, because as yet I still haven't a clue how they work.

And I'd try them out, except... I found the out of copyright Littré on the web, but only in the Stardict format and other formats which the converter utility doesn't seem to accept. As for xdxf -- all I find is a discussion somewhere of someone who did *not* succesfully manage to convert the Littré into xdxf format yet (http://xdxf.revdanica.com/forum/view...6fc1c22e2d0367)
Old 02-28-2010, 05:42 PM   #4
franklekens
Addict

Oh, I notice that discussion is rather old. Maybe the problem's been solved by now. Unfortunately, the Makedict Utility that might convert it and that's for download on sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xdxf/) comes with a depressing lack of documentation. This seems destined only for the initiated -- it's unclear to me whether it even is a Windows application.