Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-27-2014, 09:15 PM   #31
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelPW2 View Post
- - - - -
And now a principle question: a jailbroken PW2 with Kual and all the stuff on the home screen might be a good reason for refusing the warranty services?
How?

Warrant service is done by replacement.
And Amazon ships the replacement before they receive the return item.

Manpower is too expensive (in the USA) compared to the value of a "re-furbished" Kindle.

The incoming units get counted and tossed into the next empty bin for the "third party re-furbisher's" to bid on.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:51 PM   #32
Jackie Im
Jackie Im began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle white paper 2nd
Hello~
I would like to "un-jailbreak".
My Kindle paperwhite firmware version is lastest version.
If I add same firmware version to my kindle, Update Your Kindle menu does not be activied. so I can not reinstall firmware.
How can I reinstall firmware ,if My Kindle paperwhite firmware version is lastest version?
I need your help.
thank you~
Jackie Im is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2014, 08:19 PM   #33
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Im View Post
Hello~
I would like to "un-jailbreak".
What in the world for?
It makes no difference to its operation or to Amazon.
Quote:
My Kindle paperwhite firmware version is lastest version.
If I add same firmware version to my kindle, Update Your Kindle menu does not be activied. so I can not reinstall firmware.
That is a **feature** introduced by Amazon/Lab126 in recent firmware versions.
Quote:
How can I reinstall firmware ,if My Kindle paperwhite firmware version is lastest version?
That is a good question for you to ask Amazon.
- - - -
PS: You don't need to reinstall your firmware, just to remove the jailbreak file.
There is a link in the first post of the jailbreak thread(s) to the post on how to remove all of the MR additions you may have made, without re-installing your firmware.
Quote:
I need your help.
thank you~
Tell us what you are trying to achieve -
beyond just asking how to do one of the step(s) you think you need to do.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote