Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-12-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Convert .prc / .mobi to epub

I recently purchased a Spanish/English dictionary from Barrons Books. This gave a free download for their mobireader book which can be loaded on a PC or PDA.

I loaded the file into Calibre library and clicked on convert specifying epub output.

Calibre indicates it is working on a job and when I look at the action it shows converting to html 1% complete. It has been churning away for almost 2hrs and still only shows 1%

Is it possible to convert to epub from .mobi?
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
dictionaries take very long to convert. and in any case converting a dictionary to epub is pointless, sice the resulting epub will just be a normal file, not a referenceable dictionary
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #3
kbrand
Enthusiast
kbrand began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 300
i am assuming this would be the case for a bible as well. 2 hrs in and I to am at 1%. Should I continue, or would this be just as pointless?
kbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
dictionaries take very long to convert. and in any case converting a dictionary to epub is pointless, sice the resulting epub will just be a normal file, not a referenceable dictionary
Thanks for the heads up. I think I will just use it on my PC.

It actually is quite good, much faster than looking up the word in the book and easier to read.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote