Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-17-2007, 11:56 AM   #61
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davann
hey everyone, been reading your posts for a week and finally decided to order a PRS-500 from bhphoto. got a delivery notice today while I was at work.
Arrgghhh post office office closed *sigh*
cant wait till tomorrow to go and pick it up. took 9 days to deliver it to Canada by USPS
Argh. Weird. It took only 2.5 days to deliver it to the UK.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 03:19 PM   #62
davann
davann began at the beginning.

2.5 days??!! for UK ur so lucky. I guess the delay was due to the snowstorm we had for 2 days straight. lesson of the day: canadians check the weather before ordering ebook
davann is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2007, 02:18 PM   #63
_darius
Enthusiast
_darius began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
In stock again...

bhphotovideo has the precious reader in stock again!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/sitem/sk...&is=REG&bi=E15
_darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:52 PM   #64
fozza
fozza began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500
Hi folks,

Ordered my reader from ebay. paid about £200 inclusive of shipping. Didnt think that was too bad. Came via Usps took about 14 days but was held up in UK customs for along time. Still when it arrived there was no tax to pay. Huge sigh of relief.

Have to say direct from the box i was thrilled! with the device. Had a few pictures and a few ebooks shoved them stright on. Was blown away with how easy the new eink technology is to read! So much better than squinting at my pda!

However now comes the only downside that you folks might be able to help me out with.
It wont let me register the device or buy any ebooks via econnect because I dont live in the USA.

Is there anyway around this ?

All help greatfully recieved!
fozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:36 AM   #65
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Well you can register the device by simply telling the software that you do live in the U.S.

As for buying books, there are a few folks around here that have bought Connect Gift Certificates for our ... geographically challenged fellows. A quick forum search should turn a couple of them up for you.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2007, 03:41 AM   #66
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fozza
However now comes the only downside that you folks might be able to help me out with.
It wont let me register the device or buy any ebooks via econnect because I dont live in the USA.

Is there anyway around this ?

All help greatfully recieved!
"Leaping Gnome" very kindly offers to buy Connect Gift Certificates for people outside the US - just send him a private message and he'll arrange it for you.

As Nat says, to register, just tell "Connect" that you are in the US. It doesn't ask you for an address, or anything like that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:35 AM   #67
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
You can also get a virtual credit card. I got one for use at the iTunes store and there were no problems. I imagine it would work for the Sony Store.

Here is the link to the company I used.

http://www.unlinq.com/
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:04 PM   #68
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
"Leaping Gnome" very kindly offers to buy Connect Gift Certificates for people outside the US - just send him a private message and he'll arrange it for you.

As Nat says, to register, just tell "Connect" that you are in the US. It doesn't ask you for an address, or anything like that.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:22 AM   #69
_darius
Enthusiast
_darius began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I got mine from Leaping Gnome

Since yesterday i got my reader!! - And i already love it!!!

I just pm'ed some people from this great forum, and asked them, if they could send me a reader to switzerland.

I can recommend Leaping Gnome from Louisville, he is really trustworthy and honest! - It only took about one week till i got mine!!

This is a great forum, with really great people!!!

Greetings from switzerland
_darius
_darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:05 AM   #70
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Quote:
Originally Posted by _darius
Since yesterday i got my reader!! - And i already love it!!!

I just pm'ed some people from this great forum, and asked them, if they could send me a reader to switzerland.

I can recommend Leaping Gnome from Louisville, he is really trustworthy and honest! - It only took about one week till i got mine!!

This is a great forum, with really great people!!!

Greetings from switzerland
_darius
Don't forget to boost his karma, sounds like a great person to take time to do all the running around, etc. Pretty quick response too! Have fun with it, and do use the tools that people have made here, it makes the Reader so much more useable.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #71
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel
Don't forget to boost his karma, sounds like a great person to take time to do all the running around, etc.
I just did because I do think that is a nice act of kindness to help others around here.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:46 AM   #72
vstefanyuk
Connoisseur
vstefanyuk began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossip
Hallo everybody,

I just got my Reader shipped all the way from NY to good old germany.
I bought it at www.bhphotovideo.com, thanks @ igorsk for the tip.

It took just 5 days from the to hold the Reader in my hand. Shipping with UPS is pretty save and fast.

Right now I`m charging the battery an then start to upload some of my ebooks.
According to B&H site:

"International Customers

Ordering Rules:

If you are a first time mail order or online customer, or if you are using a new or different credit card for the first time at B&H, upon completing your on-line order, you must upload or fax a copy of both sides of your credit card to 877-667-7950 or 212-239-7753. (Does NOT apply to customers from Canada ). "

As I understand, they do paying self using you card (instead of PayPal). Am I right? But is it safe? Did you do payment in this way?
vstefanyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:22 AM   #73
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
vstefanyuk, I think it's quite safe. At least I sent them scan of my credit card, and no one withdrew huge amount of money from my account .
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:07 AM   #74
jriihi
jriihi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, Apple iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstefanyuk
As I understand, they do paying self using you card (instead of PayPal). Am I right? But is it safe? Did you do payment in this way?
Well its safer than paypal for finnish customers atleast. When I bought mine from there it transferred me to "luottokunta" pages that is local visa authority (in Finland) to verify transaction. It was normal verified by visa authentication for me.
jriihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:23 AM   #75
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
I think they're safe

I think they're safe, I had no problems with them. Also, most credit cards provide quite a bit of consumer protection and fraud protection. I scanned my credit card for them but wiped out the CVC code as under Mastercard and Visa card scheme rules companies are not allowed to *store* that information. They didn't have a problem with it and promptly sent my reader.
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote