Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Stanza for iPad-Direct PDF support?!

So, after mentioning that you could drag PDFs directly to Stanza iPad's file sharing tab, I actually tried it with a very nicely formatted PDF...and...it brings it in as a PDF? No funky conversion at all?

No customization, sadly. But! If you like Stanza's page navigation, it is great-I prefer it to GoodReader's page turning.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
So, after mentioning that you could drag PDFs directly to Stanza iPad's file sharing tab, I actually tried it with a very nicely formatted PDF...and...it brings it in as a PDF? No funky conversion at all?

No customization, sadly. But! If you like Stanza's page navigation, it is great-I prefer it to GoodReader's page turning.
All the file sharing tab does is let you copy the files into the application's documents folder. So there shouldn't be any conversion needed. There's a pretty good PDF engine in the iPhone/iPad to pull apart the file for display, and PDF isn't really meant for customization (it's meant to be digital print), so you don't really get any in Stanza.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 11:32 PM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
All the file sharing tab does is let you copy the files into the application's documents folder. So there shouldn't be any conversion needed. There's a pretty good PDF engine in the iPhone/iPad to pull apart the file for display, and PDF isn't really meant for customization (it's meant to be digital print), so you don't really get any in Stanza.
Well, I guess my point was, Stanza never used to display PDFs directly at all as far as I know...you had to convert everything to ePub to use. Now it can be used as an all-purpose PDF viewer, with better page turning than GoodReader, imho-plus, one less app needed!

Last edited by kjk; 06-06-2010 at 12:02 AM.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote