Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-24-2009, 06:34 PM   #1
ahicks
ahicks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 International
Cannot install new update 2.3 on K2i (Fixed)

When I got my Kindle 2 International, I installed two hacks, update_freekindle.bin and the screensaver hack. The screensaver hack worked great.

Today, I tried uninstalling the screensaver hack by using update_screensaverhack-uninstall-k2i.bin, and then updating my K2i. Then I used the update_uninstall_freekindle-k2i.bin, to unistall the update_freekindle.bin. After updating my kindle for each one, there were no error messages.

But, when I place the 2.3 update in my root directory and go to update kindle, it is greyed out and I can't update...

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

(solved the problem) I accidentally downloaded the update Update_kindle2_2.3.bin instead of Update_kindle2_gw_2.3.bin. Maybe this thread needs to be deleted.

Last edited by ahicks; 11-24-2009 at 06:52 PM. Reason: problem solved
ahicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:26 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
It's helpful to those who follow.

Also, I would like to extend a welcome, ahicks.

Feel free to roam around the many Forum areas. There is also a large download area of public domain and Creative Common titles.

If you have any questions, just post a comment and there should be a number of people to offer help.

Don (Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-25-2009 at 05:22 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
woaibolin
woaibolin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2 International
keep the thread,whatever.the problem u met would be a classic one that other k2i users may meet.
woaibolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:21 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
And a big welcome to woaibolin, too.

Yes, I'm keeping the thread for our community - I feel it'll be helpful to a number of new people.

So, look around woaibolin, at the different Forums. If you have questions, let us all know.

Don (Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:59 AM   #5
woaibolin
woaibolin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2 International
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
And a big welcome to woaibolin, too.

Yes, I'm keeping the thread for our community - I feel it'll be helpful to a number of new people.

So, look around woaibolin, at the different Forums. If you have questions, let us all know.

Don (Moderator)
thx for ur warm wel,so appriciate
the thread shows me a sery of correct ideas for updating my little kindle,that uninstall fonthack,unjailbreak whatever,even if it is just a unconcious gw/us problem.

maybe there is some other method for updating:set ur kindle to thorough factory default,the update should be easier and more safe then.
woaibolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2009, 02:04 PM   #6
ahicks
ahicks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 International
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
It's helpful to those who follow.

Also, I would like to extend a welcome, ahicks.

Feel free to roam around the many Forum areas. There is also a large download area of public domain and Creative Common titles.

If you have any questions, just post a comment and there should be a number of people to offer help.

Don (Moderator)
Thanks for the welcome Don! I've learned a lot from this forum, and really appreciate all the info.
ahicks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hack, jailbreak, kindle 2 international, screensaver, uninstall