Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-11-2009, 02:19 AM   #1
Priscella
Priscella began at the beginning.

Device: none
howdy all

How is everyone? I am in desperate need of some guidence on which type of reader to get? I didn't realize there were so many different ones. I was thinking of a Kindel, but i didn't know if you can only get books off of Amazon if that is what you had? I also wasn't sure if you are able to download the books directly from your reader or if you had to get them from your computer?
As you can tell I am quite ignorant when it comes to this and am in need of major help. My husband is in Iraq and I want to be able to show him what
kind i would like to have when he comes home on leave in 2 days. so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks so much and have an awesome day!
Priscella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:38 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Priscella and welcome to MobileRead. I have a Sony 505 and really like it. We have a section devoted to helping people make up their minds on what to buy here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=123 Post your questions here and you'll get quick answers.

Meanwhile, I have a Sony 505. You can buy books from Sony or several other sites. And you can borrow books from various libraries. You download the book to your computer then move it over to the reader. I like it fine. But see what others have to say about the Kindle.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2009, 09:08 AM   #3
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Hi Priscella, and welcome. With the Kindle you can download books directly to your device (in the US), while the other devices require that you connect them to your computer.

I have a Sony PRS-505 and I absolutely love it. It all depends on exactly what you want to do with your device (e.g. what you like to read, where you read, etc.). Good advice from cassidym - check out our Which one should I buy? forum. You'll find tons of information. Don't be afraid to ask questions - this is a really fun and friendly place.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote