Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-17-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
Plumfan
Plumfan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Amazon store card for Kindle purchases not allowed?

I finally got an Amazon credit card last December because I knew I would be buying a Kindle and I thought it would simplify purchases as well as help me monitor my book buying budget by only using the card for Amazon purchases, exclusively. I was having problems using it online for Kindle purchases, but I could get hard copy books with it, and Kindle books using whispernet. Today I ordered two books to be downloaded into my Kindle, the second appeared right away, but the first had a letter stating Sorry, there is a problem with your credit card on file. We were unable to charge your credit card for the following purchase, call customer service or go online.
The Kindle customer service person asked if it was a credit or debit card and when it expired. I stated, credit and the Amazon store card never expires. She stated she did not know how I was able to purchase 25 items with it, and I needed to put another card on file for all future Kindle purchases, but I could still use the Amazon card for other purchases. Has anyone had this problem? I really wanted the Amazon-dot-com card to be for all Amazon purchases. Thanks!
Plumfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
I use my Amazon credit card for all my kindle purchases. Just purchased two books tonight without issue.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2009, 10:10 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I use an Amazon.com Rewards Visa® Card for my Kindle purchases, and this works like a standard Visa card but with cash back for Amazon purchases (including, I think, Kindle purchases).

You probably have an Amazon.com Store Card, which is different to the Visa card. Its FAQ says:
Quote:
You can use your Amazon.com Store Card for any purchase at Amazon.com — with the exception of digital items, including Amazon MP3s and Amazon Video On Demand video.
This does not mention Kindle ebooks directly, but they are definitely "digital items". It isn't really clear why the Store Card would not work for Kindle ebooks, since this at a minimum saves Amazon the 3rd party credit card overhead.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:35 PM   #4
Plumfan
Plumfan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
[QUOTE=wallcraft;558635]I use an Amazon.com Rewards Visa® Card for my Kindle purchases, and this works like a standard Visa card but with cash back for Amazon purchases (including, I think, Kindle purchases).

Wow, it never occurred to me that I didn't have the right card! Thanks.
Plumfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:49 PM   #5
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Yeah, the rewards card is good to have if you're a big user of Amazon.

You get a $25 Amazon GC (which you can apply to your account to use for kindle purchases as credit gets billed before the credit card on file) for every 2,500 points you earn. 3 points for every $1 spent in Amazon, 1 point for every $1 elsewhere (and some other places with some recent offers).
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert