Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #1
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Cool-er issue

I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask about this, but since they have not given the Cool-er a dedicated forum yet. So if you can think of a better forum for this let me know, or if you are a mod you can move it. :-)

I was having trouble with a epub file that I sent to my Cool-er through Calibre. The Cool-er simply would not open it. I redownloaded the file from Fictionwise, and tried again. Still nada. I downloaded the .lit format and converted to epub format, and it still did not work. It would try and open the book and then it would stay on the library screen.

Finally I downloaded it as RTF and sent it to my Cool-er as a RTF file, and that worked.

Now the question... is this a Cool-er issue? Calibre? or the ebook file?

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Likely the epub file has something about it that prevents it from working. When converting from LIT to EPUB what output profile did youuse in your coversion settings?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2009, 09:08 PM   #3
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

err

Umm my usual ones that I use in calibre for converting to epub? In other words... not entirely sure

Amy
Old 08-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In Preferences->Conversion->Page Setup set your output profile to Sony Reader. Also change it when re-converting the book.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:26 AM   #5
hike_gc
Zealot
hike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nook
Smile Cool-er review

I am currently researching devices and came across the Cool-er website. It looks like a decent device. Can anyone tell me how recently it came out and give me the pros and cons of the unit from an owners perspective? I see on their website, most of the colors are sold out.

Thanks.
hike_gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2009, 04:42 AM   #6
sassanik
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hike_gc View Post
I am currently researching devices and came across the Cool-er website. It looks like a decent device. Can anyone tell me how recently it came out and give me the pros and cons of the unit from an owners perspective? I see on their website, most of the colors are sold out.

Thanks.
Yep there are a number of threads on the board about the Cool-er

It has really only been out since July 09 so its VERY new on the market. I really like mine, though I did manage to break my first one not sure how I managed that, but they sent me a new one right away.

Anyway some threads:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...hlight=cool-er

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...hlight=cool-er

Please feel free to ask any questions! The Cool-er is supposed to be getting its own forum soon... *looks at the mods*

Amy