Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
J.H. Farr
J.H. Farr doesn't litterJ.H. Farr doesn't litter

Device: iPad
TAOS SOUL: Love Stories, Heroes, & Wild Adventure by John Hamilton Farr

Click image for larger version

Name:	taos-soul-cover-mobileread.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	59271

Hi gang! Just signed up here, and I'm rarin' to go. Besides the current book, I'm also the author of BUFFALO LIGHTS: Maryland to New Mexico, and dozens of columns for Horse Fly, a monthly Taos newspaper. I've published online relentlessly since 1997 and currently write at 7,000 feet from Taos, New Mexico, U.S.A. As for TAOS SOUL, the book is currently available only on Kindle but will soon be in the Smashwords catalog. Here's the official blurb:

"IT WAS FRIDAY AFTERNOON, and the post office was full of Indians..."

From the opening sentence, you know you're in a different world. TAOS SOUL is a collection of 62 individual stories about personal discovery, coping with life in northern New Mexico, the terrible beauty of Taos, and the author's struggle to survive amidst extremes of weather, spirit, and the intense tricultural energy of el Norte. John and his wife moved to New Mexico from Maryland in '99, so he's had plenty of time to get it right, but has he? Everything is different in the high desert by the Sangre de Cristos, and nothing works out in New Mexico like you'd expect. This is writing from the heart, outside the safety zone, and every word is true.

About 50K words.

Reactions from around the Web:

C.M. (CedrusMonte.org) - "Taos Soul is a rare view into personal discovery and a deepening of the human soul in the town of Taos, New Mexico, a town unlike any other..."

FreedomGuerrilla.com - "Each of the stories is dripping with earthy richness and, lacking a better word, soul."

@mikecane - Ebook militant Mike Cane ("He hates cowards, he hates Suits, he hates ass-kissers…") says of the Kindle formatting for TAOS SOUL, "It looks kick-ass good!"

@jmartellaro says, "John Farr sees things we miss. He photographs them. He writes about them. Follow him @TaosJohn."

T.K. (reader) - "Awesome work, and I can't believe you're selling it for $2.99."

You can read all about me at FarrFeed.com, but here's what I tell people when they ask about writing:

Why I Do This: "When I'm able to write like that, I feel ecstasy and unity with all Creation. It's like an athlete performing an 'impossible' feat with seeming effortlessness and grace. I live for that... When I'm in that state, I don't care about money or sex or food. I don't care about who I am or what I am. I don't care if I'm in the front of the line or at the very end. I don't even care if I'm alive or dead, because it seems I'm in the same place, either way."

Ask me anything you like. I'm delighted to be part of this community!

John Hamilton Farr
Author
Buy TAOS SOUL at Amazon Kindle

Last edited by J.H. Farr; 10-03-2010 at 02:29 PM.
J.H. Farr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:51 PM   #2
J.H. Farr
J.H. Farr doesn't litterJ.H. Farr doesn't litter

Device: iPad
If you want to know what it really feels like to live in Taos, New Mexico, you oughta read the book, obviously, but you can also check out my latest blog post (http://www.farrfeed.com/2010/10/31/book-song/) that has lyrics to the book song that will be the soundtrack for the upcoming book trailer. Assuming I can actually post it to YouTube with the f-words, hah, so we will see about that. I don't even know if I could post that here, so please just visit my blog. Thanks!
J.H. Farr is offline   Reply With Quote