Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-04-2011, 06:33 AM   #256
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
I mean you go to goodreads plug in>customize>edit shelf/tag mapping and choose tags or shelves from drop down menu.
I was wondering if it is possible to make it faster.

Basically, I use goodreads source plug in (with a file for goodreads default shelves so they are downloaded as tags) and after that I can upload these shelves as mine. Then there is no need to manually tag a book as historical if goodreads already added it to historical shelf. So it makes goodreads default shelves into mine.
And then to keep up to date, I download updated my shelves to calibre.
I still make my own shelves, add books to them then reading a book, so I often need to update it in calibre too.

So basically there is a lot of switching between tags and shelves in goodreads sync plug in. Thats why I wanted to ask for this, as it would make it way more efficient. Doesn't hurt to ask

P.S. sorry for my broken English, no matter how much I read I still can't write
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:31 AM   #257
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.5.0 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Upgrade to support the centralised keyboard shortcut management in Calibre

Requires Calibre 0.8.18. You can now assign keyboard shortcuts to any of the actions in this plugin (note that any shortcuts you had previously will be lost and must be manually re-added). To assign a shortcut, use Preferences->Keyboard or the Customise Plugin menu option for this plugin.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #258
caffeineoverload
caffeineoverload began at the beginning.

Device: K2i
plug-in preferences missing

I just installed the new version of goodreads sync. Unfortunately now the plug-in preferences option is gone from the goodreads sync menu. I can't add accounts etc.

Also, how do you get the plugin to refresh an accounts shelves?
caffeineoverload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:16 PM   #259
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@caffeineoverload - interesting. Can you run calibre in debug mode and see if there are any errors being thrown? Also I am slightly confused - is it that you have no Goodreads Sync menu at all, or just that it does not have the "Customise plugin" option above "Help" at the bottom of it?

To answer your other question, what do you mean by "refresh an accounts shelves"? What exactly are you trying to do? If you are wanting to assign a tag or custom column value to your books in Calibre based on them being on a Goodreads shelf, then you use the "Sync from shelf" option, once you have setup your "Sync action" for that shelf in the plugin preferences.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #260
caffeineoverload
caffeineoverload began at the beginning.

Device: K2i
missing plug-in preferences

The options I have on my Goodreads plug-in menu are:
  • Add to Shelf
  • Sync to Shelf
  • Remove from shelf
  • View Shelf
  • Link to Goodreads
  • Linked Book

The debug log came back:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 340, in initialize
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.action", line 67, in initialization_complete
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.action", line 104, in rebuild_menus
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.action", line 184, in create_shelves_tags_menu_item
NameError: global name 'create_shelves_tags_action' is not defined
calibre Debug log
calibre 0.8.19
Darwin-10.8.0-i386-64bit
Darwin
('Darwin', '10.8.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0: Tue Jun 7 16:33:36 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1504.15.3~1/RELEASE_I386')
Python 2.7.1
OSX: ('10.6.8', ('', '', ''), 'i386')
Starting up...
Started up in 18.8605270386

Perhaps I should completely uninstall the plug-in and reinstall? How do I do this on a Mac to include and Preference files related to it. I tried doing this before but it saved all my information.
caffeineoverload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #261
kiwidude

@caffeeineoverload - This is a bug in the plugin from the changes on the weekend. It is trivial to fix. It only occurs for people who have defined multiple Goodreads users, something I forgot to re-test.

In answer to your other question about reinstalling completely clean - you need to remember to delete the "Goodreads Sync.json" file that is in the plugins subolder in your calibre configuration directory. That is where all your preferences and users etc are saved.

In fact if it is "accidental" that you have multiple user accounts created with this plugin, you could just go to Preferences->Plugins, select Goodreads Sync from the User interface plugins and click the Customize button. That is another way to get to the configuration screen since you cant get to it from the menu. A third way is to get to it on the Plugin Updater dialog. Once you reduce your number of Goodreads user accounts configured to just one, then the menu will start working again.

Fix will be posted in a few hours when I get home and can properly test it.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #262
kiwidude

Version 1.5.1 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix bug in new menu building code for when a user has multiple Goodreads user accounts setup.
@caffeineoverload - thanks for posting the error details.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:35 PM   #263
ki5ck
Connoisseur
ki5ck began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, Note3
Anybody familiar with this error?
Code:
calibre, version 0.8.18
ERROR: Goodreads Failure: The request contacting Goodreads has failed. Please try again.

URL: http://www.goodreads.com/review/list.xml?v=2&shelf=to-read&page=1&per_page=200
Response Code: 401
I've been getting it for quite some time. No problems hitting the Goodreads website in a browser.
ki5ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #264
ki5ck
Connoisseur
ki5ck began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, Note3
Actually, it turns out that I can only add books to my "currently reading" shelf, not my "read" or "to-read" shelves.
ki5ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #265
kiwidude

@ki5ck - not seen anyone report that. I can add to all those shelves just fine. Try going into the customize plugin menu and click on the "Refresh" button (blue arrow, top right of the list of shelves). Make sure all your shelves appear correctly.

If you still have problems, I can only suggest contacting Goodreads support with your error, as it would appear to be specific to your account.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:37 AM   #266
swkotor
swkotor began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I asked this in the reading list thread but is it possible to sync your goodreads "to read" order to a column in calibre?

Last edited by swkotor; 09-28-2011 at 09:34 AM.
swkotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:59 PM   #267
kiwidude

@swkotor - before I saw your edit of the post above I have answered the question you asked in the Reading List thread.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=225

Please pick only one or the other thread to reply in (rather than both) - this one would be better since it is about functionality of the Goodreads plugin.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:58 AM   #268
swkotor
swkotor began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
no probs.

Thanks for the reply kiwidude!
swkotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:38 AM   #269
Chumpo
Chumpo began at the beginning.

Device: hp touchpad
Hi. I'm new to this plugin but I think I have it configured correctly (I can link a book and then get shelf tags and all that).

However, "sync from shelf" doesn't seem to do anything. It looks like there's supposed to be a submenu, but it doesn't appear and nothing happens when I click.

Is that just me or what?

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out.

Instructions for other idiots like me:

After adding a column or two for goodread shelf info, go into plugin config and edit tag mappings to to your liking. Finally, and this is the part I skipped, you have to set sync actions for each of your shelves.

See, I thought that "tag mappings" took care of that and that sync actions were for some other actions if that you might want to perform when syncing. Phew.

Last edited by Chumpo; 09-30-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Chumpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #270
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
kiwidude, thank you for your hard work on all your plugins. Top-notch all around (Reading List, in particular, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy)!

I have a couple of questions on sync-ing functionality, and I'd be grateful if you could provide some additional color.

1) Is it possible to sync from Calibre to Goodreads? That is, versus sync-ing from Goodreads to Calibre. Would the technical process for transferring metadata such as Rating and Date Read be different from the process for transferring Title & Author via the "Add to shelf" command?

2)Is it possible to sync your personal Rating data from Goodreads to Calibre? By that, I don't mean the general "Edit Metadata" command, but rather strictly through a Goodreads sync (and applying your rating not the average Goodreads rating).
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, goodreads