Old 02-26-2022, 06:50 PM   #1
jstavene
jstavene began at the beginning.

Device: none
Restoring database failed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\db\restore.py", line 130, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\db\restore.py", line 283, in replace_db
WindowsError: [Error 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: u'F:\\calibreE\\metadata.db'

I am going to try and make this shared, then connect a laptop running a newer update of calibre and see if that can restore (perhaps the serve has a hickup? a conflict for accessing the metadata.db file? (server is runing windows 7 and I know calibre no longer updates on it, (I can not update to a different OS because this machine has backups on it running ecc ram a actual server with xeon processor is their a commandline to limit threads and or rebuild the metadata file? clearly a python write error (my library is quite large, but I have had bigger) any suggestions would be quite welcome (I am building a new library on a different drive and will try to get the laptop to load this library and then move, books into the new library ,,but that will take me some weeks a faster smarter solution would be awesome (I am stuck home from work on cancer treatment and this is really annoying me)
jstavene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 09:27 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try running the machine in safe mode that should minimize conflicts with other progrmas,
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 08:41 AM   #3
markminnich
markminnich began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Angry Restoring database failed and command line fix didn’t work

Hi,

I have a library of 87000 book, (yes my wife calls me an electronic hoarder), I loaded Calibre and it said my database was corrupt do you want to repair it. I said yes, it failed. Shut Calibre down and reopened it had the same issue, tried repairing again, it failed. Search around and found a thread from 2017 where you gave a command line database fix, it didn’t work either. If I create a new library and import the directory of books from the corrupt one will the metadata transfer also?

Thanks bunches,
Mark
markminnich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 11:03 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes, you can re-add the books by creating a new library and right clicking the add books button and choosing from folders and sub-folders and then one book per folder. This will preserve metadata.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metadata.db