Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-18-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
pmpelfrey
pmpelfrey began at the beginning.

Device: RCA REB 1100 & Franklin eBookMan
Thumbs down Using multiple Franklin eBookMan on one computer

Has anyone figured out a way to use multiple Franklin eBookMan devices on a single computer? I have purchased several and have not found a way to use more than one on a single computer, to load files to the eBookMan. I thought I might over come this issue by loading my books to MMC cards and then putting the cards in a different eBookMan, but on many files I get the message that the book was for a different PID.

I also considered reinstalling the software each time I wanted to load files to a specific eBookMan, but that sure would be a pain.

I sent a message to support on Ectaco, asking this, but never received any response.

Thanks for any ideas.
pmpelfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:02 PM   #2
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 04:31 AM   #3
gortsew
gortsew began at the beginning.

Device: ebookman
Hi,
I have a really big problem. I have got an EBM-911 which is faulty and loses the OS every time I replace battery. Up to this time it was not a problem, because I could download the OS via Internet from Franklin. But Franklin removed the web site and the EBM Desktop software crashes and no OS is installed. I have the original install CD but at this point it also goes to the Franklin web-site for validation, and since the referred eBookman website was removed the Desktop Manager crashes also. Could anybody make an MMC Backup (which includes the OS) from eBookman and make that available for me. I am terribly sad. Please help me
Thanks in advance: Ivan Gortsew
gortsew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:29 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpelfrey View Post
Has anyone figured out a way to use multiple Franklin eBookMan devices on a single computer? I have purchased several and have not found a way to use more than one on a single computer, to load files to the eBookMan. I thought I might over come this issue by loading my books to MMC cards and then putting the cards in a different eBookMan, but on many files I get the message that the book was for a different PID.

I also considered reinstalling the software each time I wanted to load files to a specific eBookMan, but that sure would be a pain.

I sent a message to support on Ectaco, asking this, but never received any response.

Thanks for any ideas.

Welcome to mobileread ....

Each of those eBookMan devices will have its own unique PID; each book will, therefore need registering. The PID is needed because of DRM.... Have you tried using books that are not restricted ?

[After reading the wiki - I may be wrong, https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Franklin_eBookMan ]

[edit again: Do you mobipocket reader installed ?]

Last edited by GeoffC; 08-06-2010 at 05:41 AM.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:42 AM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by gortsew View Post
Hi,
I have a really big problem. I have got an EBM-911 which is faulty and loses the OS every time I replace battery. Up to this time it was not a problem, because I could download the OS via Internet from Franklin. But Franklin removed the web site and the EBM Desktop software crashes and no OS is installed. I have the original install CD but at this point it also goes to the Franklin web-site for validation, and since the referred eBookman website was removed the Desktop Manager crashes also. Could anybody make an MMC Backup (which includes the OS) from eBookman and make that available for me. I am terribly sad. Please help me
Thanks in advance: Ivan Gortsew

Welcome to mobileread, does the Wiki link I've posted in the previous post help you in anyway ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #6
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome sorry, I haven't used Franklin, but you've come to best forums to find the answer!
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #7
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:19 AM   #8
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:01 AM   #9
gortsew
gortsew began at the beginning.

Device: ebookman
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post

Welcome to mobileread, does the Wiki link I've posted in the previous post help you in anyway ?
Thanks for Your answer,
I have not received Your message (post).
Perhaps it was sent but I don't know how to (get) read it.
Since I am new (also new in Forums), please help me find out
how can I read (get) this message (post).
Thanks in advance!
gortsew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:05 PM   #10
pmpelfrey
pmpelfrey began at the beginning.

Device: RCA REB 1100 & Franklin eBookMan
I just now realized that there were replies to my question I posted months ago. For some reason the new posts were not coming to my email.

I did find an answer that worked. I will paste the information below in case anyone else looks for this information.

"Multiple Units

If you have multiple eBookmans it is possible to use one computer for all. Simply create a new directory in "Program Files\Franklin Electronic Publishers\eBookMan Desktop Manager". Name it so it is easily recognizable which unit is to use this folder. Then, in the Desktop, under the File menu select Change Sync Folder. It will automatically create the Audible, Contents, and Library directories under the new directory.

Remember to change the directory before syncing the unit to the correct one. This is required because the OS is keyed to the serial number of the unit."
pmpelfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:30 AM   #11
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi pmpelfrey and a belated welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:35 AM   #12
dcptcons4evr
Avid Reader
dcptcons4evr began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
Hey there welcome newbie
dcptcons4evr is offline   Reply With Quote