Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-10-2009, 09:32 AM   #1
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Req. for Specific Memory Card Makes

Greetings!

I am considering buying a 2 GB - 8 GB SD card for my PRS-505.

Could people who use SD cards in that capacity range without problems or woeful battery life issues post the specific brand, make, and model of their cards?

I'd like to buy something that is "proven" to work.

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #2
ZenEngineer
Connoisseur
ZenEngineer has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505
I've been using a SanDisk 2GB SD card in my 505 for over a year without problems.
ZenEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2009, 08:19 AM   #3
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I'm also be interested in this. Does the speed of the card help. How many books can be on the card before performance starts to degrade?

Thanks.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:35 PM   #4
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I'm also be interested in this. Does the speed of the card help. How many books can be on the card before performance starts to degrade?

Thanks.
This might also interest you then:

How I got 4000 plus books to show

Hopefully some more specs will come in soon though. I am hoping to get 4 GB or 8 GB, if it can be expected to work properly.

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:09 AM   #5
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
I use a Lexar 4gb Memory Stick Pro Duo. All of my indexing/crashing errors stopped when I started using it over a cheap 2g SD card.
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert