Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-26-2008, 07:01 PM   #1
kevinofengland
Connoisseur
kevinofengland began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
The Mysterious Island

After a problem with my library on my Sony 505 I decided to delete what the whole library and start again. About 500 books mostly free classics. The majority were not formatted nicely. I’ve managed to get most of my library back thanks to this great forum, but need The Mysterious Island, by Vern. Can anyone point me in right direction?

Thanks
Kevin
kevinofengland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:28 AM   #2
comtrjl
Connoisseur
comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you looked in Book Uploads? There's an LRF version contributed by HarryT.
bob
comtrjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2008, 03:38 AM   #3
Dedale
Guest Star
Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook STR
Feedbooks link <-- Here it is
Dedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:56 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I think my version is nicer than the Feedbooks one, with all due respect to them.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:34 AM   #5
kevinofengland
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I think my version is nicer than the Feedbooks one, with all due respect to them.
Thanks for the info. I downloaded Harry’s version which has a great front cover.
On another note regarding the book I saw in another of your posts Harry that it was based on Lost. I did a search on Lost and on Wikapedia it did not mention Vern at all. I would love it if he actually did inspire Lost as it’s a great show. Have you any idea if the Wikapedia article is incorrect? If so maybe we could get Vern credited for inspiring the writer?

Kev

Last edited by kevinofengland; 09-27-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Advert
Old 09-27-2008, 08:40 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mysterious_Island

Quote:
The creator of the American television program Lost credits Mysterious Island as the chief inspiration of the show.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:52 AM   #7
kevinofengland
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Oh thats great. I think I looked at the entry for Lost not the Mysterious Island. I did not go through the article as it looked like the whole storyline was there and I did not want to spoil what looks to be a great book.

Kev

Last edited by kevinofengland; 09-27-2008 at 08:54 AM.