Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-12-2008, 09:11 PM   #61
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Cacafonix: Is that where Abba plays out of one speaker and Cliff Richard out of the other?
yes..
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:34 PM   #62
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
yes..
She says that, but, though she doesn't sing, she admits she is a Dancing Queen ("...See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing Queen [Zee]...".

Slayda, come visit me! It's only 173 hours by delayed, cancelled and changed flights, 16 hours hitching on a road train, twelve hours on roo-back, a 23km walk up my sheep station driveway, and you're there.

Cheers,
Marc (out back, fixin' up some snags and bugs on the barby)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2008, 11:13 PM   #63
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
OK, back to the original topic or Slayda will be retired and out to pasture before we throw the party.

In addition to the goings-on at the hoe-dowm meet-up, we need to plan the cyberspace party him. Something he will remember forever no matter how hard he tries to forget.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:27 AM   #64
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
OK, back to the original topic or Slayda will be retired and out to pasture before we throw the party.

In addition to the goings-on at the hoe-dowm meet-up, we need to plan the cyberspace party him. Something he will remember forever no matter how hard he tries to forget.

i'm getting goosebumps at the mere thought....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:24 AM   #65
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I'm surprised that Montsnmags International is not actually planning anything yet. But of course, they like to wait until the police vans have driven off to start the planning in order to get everything just right.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2008, 10:13 AM   #66
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
i'm getting goosebumps at the mere thought....
Yeah, me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags
Slayda, come visit me! It's only 173 hours by delayed, cancelled and changed flights, We'll have to find an alternate for this leg - I don't fly
16 hours hitching on a road train, I can do this
twelve hours on roo-back, and this
a 23km walk up my sheep station driveway, [FONT="Comic Sans
MS"]this too[/FONT]
and you're there. Not sure I'll live that long. We'd better get that time warp fixed.

Better yet, "Beam me down under, Scotty!"
BTW, love your new avatar, montsnmags.

Last edited by slayda; 08-13-2008 at 10:16 AM.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:34 PM   #67
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post

I thought a great party was something you forgot, no matter how hard you tried to remember.

Until the photos turned up at least.

So what are your party suggestions?
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:09 PM   #68
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I definitely think we need the Fairy Bubbler again. And the QZ mobius strip.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:46 PM   #69
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
i remember parties i never attended

i'll bring the doughnuts, somebody get me another beer
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:05 AM   #70
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Well just two more working days. They gave me a retirement part (against my requests). They were nice about it. Since they know I read a lot I got 3 gift cards for Barnes ans Noble. Unfortunately they didn't seem to be aware that I prefer ebooks and that B&N no longer sell ebooks.

Guess I'll be forced to read pbooks for a while.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:06 AM   #71
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You could always sells the gift cards and buy eBooks with the proceeds .

Enjoy your retirement!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:07 AM   #72
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
No gold Rolex? You could have hocked that puppy and bought a bucket of ebooks!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:14 AM   #73
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Well just two more working days. They gave me a retirement part (against my requests). They were nice about it. Since they know I read a lot I got 3 gift cards for Barnes ans Noble. Unfortunately they didn't seem to be aware that I prefer ebooks and that B&N no longer sell ebooks.

Oh my goodness. You are either a very closed mouthed person at work, or they are totally clueless! I am so sorry!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:14 AM   #74
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
No gold Rolex? You could have hocked that puppy and bought a bucket of ebooks!
and that's a lot of ebooks, especially if you .rar them.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 03:20 AM   #75
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post

I've got a thing for photography, so nowadays when I book-browse I look for large-format photo books (and some photo books really live large) if I'm in a bookstore. So, perhaps those "coffee table books" that you've always wanted, or an old series you've always loved in a quality hardback version for the shelves, or "activity" books (that is, those that you take to an activity, like bird-watching field-guides), might be something to look at. I really can't go past a good quality "coffee table book" (though I hate that term). Large, wonderful images, nicely bound...e-ink isn't quite there yet.

Also, I've a thing for nice stationery, so there's that option too. Get yourself a nice notebook and pen (they don't have to be some high end things - whatever you feel suits you), and keep it with you for those downtimes where you want to jot down some scribblings.

...and, finally, congratulations! When you get used to the idea, you realise you've a whole lot of LIFE! ahead of you.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote