Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
kuklachica
Enthusiast
kuklachica began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G/WiFi
Sorting collections while NOT on Kindle?

Is there a way to edit your collection titles NOT using the Kindle? I find it frustrating to have to edit the titles via the Kindle because it takes so many button clicks. My titles are basically sorted like this:

(Reading: current)
[Fiction]
[[ Historical Fiction ]]
[[[ Classics ]]]

{Non-Fiction}
{{ Religious }}
{{{ Political }}}
{{{{ Medical }}}}

...etc.

I want to edit some of these titles, but it becomes a huge chore when you have to add so many symbols, etc. Can this be done from our Amazon account or Kindle for Mac?

Thank you in advance for any pointers!!
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There's a Windows app called "Kindle Collection Manager" which lets you manage your collections on a PC.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 12:31 PM   #3
kuklachica
Enthusiast
kuklachica began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G/WiFi
Thank you for the quick reply, but is there anything for a Mac? I use all OSX devices/programs... forgot to mention that in my OP.
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sorry, I'm not a Mac person. Hopefully somebody else will be able to assist you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #5
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
This one will create collections based on folder location. I works off a text file but you have to manually copy the collection file back to the kindle and rely on using a web interface:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=114204

I used it the other day after finally organizing my books into reasonable folders. He has Mac instructions.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 01:59 PM   #6
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuklachica View Post
Is there a way to edit your collection titles NOT using the Kindle? I find it frustrating to have to edit the titles via the Kindle because it takes so many button clicks. My titles are basically sorted like this:

(Reading: current)
[Fiction]
[[ Historical Fiction ]]
[[[ Classics ]]]

{Non-Fiction}
{{ Religious }}
{{{ Political }}}
{{{{ Medical }}}}

...etc.

I want to edit some of these titles, but it becomes a huge chore when you have to add so many symbols, etc. Can this be done from our Amazon account or Kindle for Mac?

Thank you in advance for any pointers!!
I don't know if you knew this, but the symbols can remain up while you use the rest of the keyboard, so it's really only a couple more clicks than it would be to do it on a computer.
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #7
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
I'm pretty sure that Kindleabra also has Mac support.
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote