Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-12-2009, 05:04 PM   #181
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I've got Book Designer running, working on a file called 'BD Perpetual Curate.html0'.
The time now is 21:38 and I have saved the file several times recently - what I see is:

'Book Designer 4.0\LastFile\BD Perpetual Curate.html0' is timestamped 15:05 - an old version from earlier today.

'Book Designer 4.0\Temp\tmp1\1\BD Perpetual Curate.html0' is timestamped 21:37 - the current version I'm working on.

When I exit Book Designer, the 'Temp\tmp1\1\BD Perpetual Curate.html0' structure will disappear, and the 'LastFile\BD Perpetual Curate.html0' will then get updated.
Oh, I mistakenly read this post as being part of "The Vent and Rant Thread", but then realized, it wasn't posted as a rant. Sorry for my confusion.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:01 AM   #182
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Where does it save files when you click the "Save" button and don't exit the program? To be perfectly honest with you, I have absolutely no idea!
Isn't BD an absolutely wonderful piece of software?
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:30 PM   #183
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Isn't BD an absolutely wonderful piece of software?
The best we have.
I use only BD for 2 years now.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:40 PM   #184
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
The best we have.
With that I completely agree.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #185
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Im using windows 7 right now, and i was missing sevral OCX files. after installing both Word 07 and CS4, they come with Visual Basic, but since i have no reason to install it. you can get them here

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/rhamini...wnloadControls

Go to VB6, click download Here, Exract the OCX files to \windows\system32
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:36 PM   #186
tayeb505
tayeb505 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
how 2 name files? I sometimes get a name like ?????????????? on my PRS 505
tayeb505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:59 PM   #187
motorhead
motorhead began at the beginning.

Device: Lbook V3
Every pdf file I try to open I just get :

AAA ERT TYU

This file was created with BookDesigner program
bookdesigner@the-ebook.org "

If I try to open any other type of file it tells me that it should be completely re-formatted and then I get an error "cannot convert to book designer format" I installed and reinstalled the program numerous times in different drives and folders to no avail. I installed the 4.0 version from the msi file and then I put the update file at the beginning of the thread over the installation. I have microsoft word 2007 enterprise edition. I really can't figure out what the problem might be, any help would be appreciated.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #188
Amystei
Amystei began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
First let me say that I love the Book Designer program and use it alot! I've had no problems using it until recently. For some reason, my program has decided it will no longer go into smaller screen mode making it easier to work with Book Cleaner on the side. It stay on maximize. I've looked to see if some settings somehow changed, but didn't see any. Does anyone know what I can do to remedy this?
Amystei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:22 AM   #189
andyafro
Connoisseur
andyafro doesn't litterandyafro doesn't litter

Device: sony reader prs-500
Book Designer & Vista

How To Enable Pictures & Book Covers For Sony Reader

Open Command Prompt, as Administrator. (Right-click on the Command Prompt and select run as administrator.) Navigate to the Book Designer Main directory, and run the following command:

regsvr32 GflAx.dll

This dll was copied to the BD by the update, and needs to be registered to get graphics (such as browse for a cover page) to work properly.

Last edited by andyafro; 06-13-2009 at 09:25 AM.
andyafro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:49 AM   #190
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Every pdf file I try to open I just get :

AAA ERT TYU

This file was created with BookDesigner program
bookdesigner@the-ebook.org "

If I try to open any other type of file it tells me that it should be completely re-formatted and then I get an error "cannot convert to book designer format" I installed and reinstalled the program numerous times in different drives and folders to no avail. I installed the 4.0 version from the msi file and then I put the update file at the beginning of the thread over the installation. I have microsoft word 2007 enterprise edition. I really can't figure out what the problem might be, any help would be appreciated.
If any of these PDF are ok to either attach or link, please do so and I'll try opening it in BD.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:56 AM   #191
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amystei View Post
First let me say that I love the Book Designer program and use it alot! I've had no problems using it until recently. For some reason, my program has decided it will no longer go into smaller screen mode making it easier to work with Book Cleaner on the side. It stay on maximize. I've looked to see if some settings somehow changed, but didn't see any. Does anyone know what I can do to remedy this?
Have you tried pointing the mouse to the bottom right-hand corner of the BD window and dragiing it to resize the window?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:40 AM   #192
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amystei View Post
One way to sort it is to go into the BD directory and delete the ini file. This should reset the options back to their defaults and you'll have to reset them all. But at least the window size will be fixed. Once the settings are reset, make a backup copy of the ini file to use to put back if the window size ever gets out of whack again.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:38 PM   #193
Amystei
Amystei began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thank you, both of you. Both things worked. Patricia, I feel so dumb, I never even thought of resizing my window that way, and it makes me laugh. When I kept clicking on the minimize window and it just flashed and stayed the same size I just immediately looked for settings etc.
JSWolf, I'm set now for anything that could set it off again. Many thanks.
Amystei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:37 PM   #194
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
It's a strange thing about computers, Amystei. We all make apparently daft mistakes occasionally. This is because we don't always think in the same way that the machines are programmed.
The only reason you don't see so many of my daft errors is that either I can ask a technician at work, or one of my fellow moderators.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #195
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
learned a lot from this thread! thank you so much. very useful information.
carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookdesigner