Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
WoodLark
WoodLark began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader 6"
EZ Reader 6" Locked Up

I left my EZ Reader 6" plugged in to a USB port to charge it for an extended period (forgot it for a couple of weeks actually). Now it is locked up. It is showing the first page of the list of installed e-books. None of the keys work.

I have tried the Power switch, removing the SD card, Pressing the Reset on the back, and removing the battery. None has any effect.

Any suggestions?
WoodLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Try pressing and hold power for 10 seconds. Try leaving the battery out for a minute. Try plugging it into power and then trying the things you tried above. Try reinstalling the firmware.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #3
WoodLark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Try pressing and hold power for 10 seconds. Try leaving the battery out for a minute. Try plugging it into power and then trying the things you tried above. Try reinstalling the firmware.

Dale
Thanks, but I did all of those things, and no happiness!
Old 12-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It wouldn't even let you install new firmware? It would seem to have totally crashed and the screen display is just the last thing it had. I suspect hardware but I would suggest you contact Astak for some assistance. One thing you could try would be to remove the battery and then attempt to use the device on the external power supply. Perhaps the battery is shorted out.

Dale
Old 12-03-2010, 09:55 PM   #5
WoodLark

Problem solved. Apparently the USB port, for some reason, drained the battery rather than charging it. I plugged it in to the regular charger that came with the Astak for a few hours, and now it seems to be working properly again.

Whew, I was worried that it was "bricked"!
Old 12-04-2010, 05:49 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Good, I am glad you got it fixed. The USB charging from a computer can be trouble if your USB port won't supply enough current which can happen if another device is also using the port.

Dale
Old 12-05-2010, 08:52 AM   #7
WoodLark

Thanks for all your help Dale!