Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 06-14-2005, 03:33 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
iPod e-book reading guide

It's rumored that there are people who not only listen to their iPods, but also use them for reading e-books - disregarding the fact that the iPod has a tiny screen and a really bad backlighting. Now Phillip Torrone from Make published a step-by-step guide how to transfer text and html documents to your favorite MP3 player. You don't have to pass an ophthalmic exam to guess what this could do to your eyes.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:27 AM   #2
lindseydyson
Deputy Editor Palm Addict
lindseydyson doesn't litterlindseydyson doesn't litter

Device: Palm Addict
iPod reading

We covered this story on PA yesterday but I know I would love to be able to read ebooks on my iPod. The point of reading ebooks on my Tungsten C is great however an iPod would be ideal especially as I carry mine with me everywhere.
Lindsey Dyson
Deputy Editor PalmAddict
Personal Assistant to Sammual McLoughlin
Welcoming over 40,000 visitors a day to Palm Addict
lindseydyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2005, 05:02 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Lindsey, would you actually attempt to read full-length novels on your iPod? I don't know if I could do that without straining my eyes too much. On the other hand, if you're commuting through the city or a passenger on a long drive, this might be a nice way of skimming some text or reading part of something you don't want to carry around with you.

There used to be a site called iPodLibrary which made available e-books already converted in the iPod Notes format... unfortunately the site seems to have disappeared.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 08:01 PM   #4
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Sure it's terrible for your eyes, but is it any worse than reading eBooks on a mobile phone? I wouldn't do it myself (love that Zodiac), but it might serve a purpose for some documents or some people who don't want to do the multimedia PDA and the iPod is gadget enough.

With my mobile phones, I can increase the font size to accommodate one's eyes, but is such a thing possible with the iPod? (I do have one, but I'm restoring music onto my hard drive which failed a couple of days ago and it's a long-ish process.) If it's not possible on an iPod, it should be.

How does one suggest feature improvements to Apple anyway?
POL9A
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 01:18 PM   #5
chippewapub
eBook Publisher
chippewapub began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Zire 21
We are going to start releasing ebooks for the iPod using this method. Anything for our Mac readers ;-)

Rebecca
chippewapub is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert