Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #22621
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
The bad news:
1. My Kindle PaperWhite died!
2. Yes, I have 2, but it had to be the one with the best screen!
3. While I was reading on it! The screen froze!
4. Loaded with all of my Henry James books!
5. So I can't blame the cats!
6. And it's out of warranty .... but hey, it's Amazon

So .... off to have a little live "chat" with Kindle Support
[Yes, I know phoning them is faster, but I can't deal with non-English speakers when I'm stressed]
1. I explain my tragedy to Jagathiswari
2. We go through the obligatory steps to reset the PW - which I have already done, but we do them together again so he/she can check off the boxes on his screen.
3. I deny any dropping, sitting on it, etc. - explain it's safely parked in its official Amazon cover.
4. And ... my new PW will be here Monday - no charge.
5. And ... I have a label to return my dead PW.

I've owned every Kindle model - and all are still working - this is the first Kindle that dropped dead on me. Not a bad track record I guess, especially since I usually jump the gun and order from the first batch of units after their press conference - before any bugs are discovered & corrected.

Sigh ..... this is why I always have a spare ... I'm so addicted to reading on an ereader, I can't imagine a weekend without one.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:48 AM   #22622
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Oh, so sorry and great news at the same time. I'm glad it was resolved so nicely.

I know what you mean about being addicted to an ereader. I have two borrowed books (a Hardback and a mass-marked pbk) that I really need to get back to my son, but I just can't read them for very long and I keep starting and restarting them.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2013, 07:16 AM   #22623
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I don't have to house sit this weekend. However, my friends just came over to visit. Their kids, however, are very loud and hyper and I'm now wishing I could do the same as Lexie and curl up on a fleece blanket on a bed somewhere. I like my friends very much, however I like peace, quiet and reading even more.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:23 AM   #22624
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Parkinson View Post
Visiting Narnia?
Good one!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:26 AM   #22625
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
... my new PW will be here Monday - no charge. ...
Don't you love Kindle customer service?
Advert
Old 05-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #22626
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Don't you love Kindle customer service?
Loading up my new toy now!

[If this one dies, I'm going to worry about the effect of too much Henry James on delicate electronic equipment! ]
Old 05-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #22627
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Click image for larger version

Name:	letter of complaint mod.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	106158

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 05-23-2013 at 06:58 AM.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:53 AM   #22628
Roger Parkinson
Zealot
Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Loading up my new toy now!

[If this one dies, I'm going to worry about the effect of too much Henry James on delicate electronic equipment! ]
That is very good service. Amazon haven't got where they are by slacking off.
Roger Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #22629
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wishing I had my noise canceling headphones. There are squatter "riots" nearby. Because of that a helicopter has been hovering directly over, or so it sounds, our house. Not so bad when you're watching an acting film, however, when you want to go to sleep after tyjhe film it's very annoying.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #22630
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I wish we could find that old "weird dreams thread"....
so... I dreamed I was in a car accident and the critters that were with me were taken to the pound. I was taken to the ER and released, went to the pound to get my critters. of course in my dream I accounted for it being a holiday weekend and my critters wouldn't be released until tuesday, so not only did I have the emotional strain of not having my critters, but the financial impact of enforced boarding (REALLY? this is an issue in a dream!?) so the really weird part was that I wouldn't go see my dog as I didn't want to get either of us spun up, but! I was fretting over A BIG HONKING YELLOW SNAKE!!!! that the pound worker went to great lengths to explain to me he had made very comfortable with a heat lamp and insisted that I feel how warm and comfy it was. I finally woke up to uncomfortably warm Arwen and Strider snuggled up the length of my back and making me all hot and sweaty!

WT!!!! come get your damn snakes out of my dream!!!!

Pooh! you have been unanimously elected to write our towns murder mystery for next year, this years' was all fubar! PM's to follow...later much restorative sleep is in order first
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #22631
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Pooh! you have been unanimously elected to write our towns murder mystery for next year, this years' was all fubar! PM's to follow...later much restorative sleep is in order first
Arrrrrhhhhhhhhhh matey?
Old 05-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #22632
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
yep! like that! pm me your email address, I have misplaced it
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:24 AM   #22633
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Wondering if I should go on holiday anymore.

Except for my week away in January all my holidays for the last two years or so were somehow influenced by root canal, either I've just had one, had to have one soon after or was in the middle of a root canal treatment.

For the past two weeks or so the gums around one tooth sometimes had a burning sort of feel to it (first I thought I had eaten or drank something hot and burned myself). The last couple of day I'm starting to feel the tooth, it doesn't hurt, but I feel it. So I just made an appointment with my dentist for tomorrow. Hopefully it's nothing but I'm afraid I'm in for another root canal, because it feels similar to the last molar that needed treatment.

I'm feeling very frustrated now.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:44 AM   #22634
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

We must be related. While everyone else in the U.S. was enjoying a Memorial Day holiday this week, I was in the dentist's office having two teeth drilled & filled.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #22635
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I just spent 10 hours completing useless training that is the same every freaking year and that no one actually pays any attention to.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness