Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-12-2014, 05:06 PM   #766
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
What will FW 3.2.0 bring or correct ?
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:54 PM   #767
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
What will FW 3.2.0 bring or correct ?
Problems. I'll leave it up to you to guess which will go under which heading.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:46 AM   #768
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Would someone be kind enough to furnish the file sizes on the most recent posting (Mid-December 3.1.1, "127 hours" release)?

It is always comforting to know I have, in fact, downloaded the correct firmware. :-)
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:06 AM   #769
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Would someone be kind enough to furnish the file sizes on the most recent posting (Mid-December 3.1.1, "127 hours" release)?
Glo/Aura HD version: 89,471,222 bytes
Aura6" version: 71,029,956 bytes

both of these are the zip filesize as downloaded

Last edited by jackie_w; 02-15-2014 at 10:08 AM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:10 PM   #770
Tekbro
Tekbro began at the beginning.

Device: Kobowifi N647
Regarding release 1.9.11 for Mark 2 (Kobo Wifi) hardware, my own experience hasn't been great. I find that I can't avoid appying the upgrade as it come down when I download new books from the Kobo Store.

On the positive side, the page turning is a bit faster, on the negative side it has wiped out all books from my Kobo Wifi once, then made it not work when I tried to reapply the same (thanks to davidfor, I was able to reload a working image, which later was upgraded again). Other issues with the new firmware have included page not turning on kepress, two pages turning at once and other flakiness (sometimes the Cover Page is displayed when I shutdown, but sometimes the current text page remains.

I aso find that the Goto comomand to skip pages and paragraphs doesn't work as it should (especially for paragraphs) and the readear now has a tendency to forget the bookmark and return to an earlier one, which further complicates things. All in all I would say that the last upgrade for the Kobo Wifi has not improved the device at all.
Tekbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:26 PM   #771
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Are all Glo's the same Mark #? Never mind, figured that one out.

My glo is on 2.6.1. Can I go directly to 3.1.1?

Are there any threads showing screen shots of the Glo with 3.1.1? In other words, what changes were made to the look of the shelf view and the list view? I suppose the slider in library list view is gone.

Last edited by booklover6; 02-22-2014 at 06:44 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:00 AM   #772
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Are all Glo's the same Mark #? Never mind, figured that one out.

My glo is on 2.6.1. Can I go directly to 3.1.1?
You can go directly to 3.1.1 on a Glo.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:55 AM   #773
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You can go directly to 3.1.1 on a Glo.

Regards,
David
Thanks! Good to know, in case I decide to do it.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:26 PM   #774
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Firmware 3.2.0 download links

Here are the download links I've found for the Kobo 3.2.0 firmware updates:

Mark 3 Hardware: Touch N905/N905B

http://download.kobobooks.com//firmw...date-3.2.0.zip

Mark 4 Hardware: Aura HD, Glo, Touch N905C Model

Mark 5 Hardware : Aura

There are no reports of a Mini receiving the 3.2.0 update but those wanting to walk on the bleeding edge could try the Mark 4 hardware link.

Good luck,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 02-25-2014 at 11:55 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:05 PM   #775
dentateck
Enthusiast
dentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura about

Device: Nook ST, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD
I just installed 3.2.0 on my Aura HD and it appears that Wi-Fi bug WAS NOT fixed. I was really waiting for this update to fix that very annoying issue which only came after 3.x. Now every time you need to connect to Wi-Fi you need to reboot device, then it connects only for once and no matter what I did, the whole dance with assigning static IP for it, adding no fast Wifi lines to config file and anything in between doesn't help. I really hate when they break what was working perfectly well in previous versions and don't bother to fix it for several versions already.
BAD BAD KOBO.
dentateck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:29 PM   #776
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I don't have this bug on my Aura HD. Never did. I've been told that for people who did have it, assigning a DHCP address fixed it. BTW, the people in the beta (not a very big group, but they had a large internal group checking too) that did have this problem in the last build found that it was resolved in 3.2.0. YMMV. Did you do a power cycle after the update? You might want to do that and see if it helps.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:00 PM   #777
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
And to follow up on what Taming said, make sure (painful as the experience may be) to talk to Kobo customer service. If the devs don't have people with the problem to troubleshoot, they can't fix the problem and it seemed they had solved it at least for some that were having the issue.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:14 PM   #778
dentateck
Enthusiast
dentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura about

Device: Nook ST, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD
Power cycled it many times, assigned static IP (being sysadmin myself I tested it with different models of wireless routers just to exclude certain router as a reason), tried different modes of security (seems it doesn't matter at all), still it connects once per reboot and as soon as it goes to sleep (or just stays idle for several minutes) it can never connects again until reboot. Never had that problem before 3.x - there is something fundamentally broken in that new fw. Will have to talk to Kobo people although it never once helped me before
dentateck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:34 AM   #779
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Here are the download links I've found for the Kobo 3.2.0 firmware updates:

Mark 3 Hardware: Touch N905/N905B

Mark 4 Hardware: Aura HD, Glo, Touch N905C Model

Mark 5 Hardware : Aura

http://downloads.kobobook.com//firmw...date-3.2.0.zip

There are no reports of a Mini receiving the 3.2.0 update but those wanting to walk on the bleeding edge could try the Mark 4 hardware link.

Good luck,
David
Thanks.

The working Mark 5 link is: http://download.kobobooks.com//firmw...date-3.2.0.zip
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:43 AM   #780
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
I've updated the first post.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote