Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-08-2014, 11:15 PM   #211
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Beta for calibre change to Qt5

FYI, I am not kiwidude and this isn't my plugin. But I'm trying to help out by porting some of the plugins I use regularly while kiwidude is busy.

Attached is a test version that should work for both the existing 1.X calibre and the upcoming 2.X version calibre. 2.x will use PyQt5 which requires changes to virtually all plugins.

This version needs to be tested with the existing calibre.

Brave souls to test with with the beta 2.X version would also be appreciated. Links to the 2.X beta and discussion of the transition (for plugins) can be see at: Attn plugin developers: calibre moving to Qt 5.

Last edited by davidfor; 10-27-2015 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Removed beta version as it has been released.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:00 AM   #212
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
This version needs to be tested with the existing calibre.

Brave souls to test with with the beta 2.X version would also be appreciated. Links to the 2.X beta and discussion of the transition (for plugins) can be see at: Attn plugin developers: calibre moving to Qt 5.
I updated the plugin and downloaded metadata from Goodreads. I also was able to customize the plugin without a hitch.

Thanks again.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2014, 04:21 PM   #213
rmagere
rmagere began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone, Android Tablet, iPhone, Kindle PW 1st gen
Not sure whether this is the right place to ask - if it is not it would be great if you could point me in the right direction.

Is there any way to scrape the "first published" date from goodreads?
E.g. "Swords and Deviltry" https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...s_and_Deviltry
The book was published in 2006 however the first time it was published was 1970 (attached screenshot).

So far I have been unable to ever get calibre to store the 1970 date and I always get 2006

I have tried selecting and unselecting "Use published date of "first edition" (from worldcat.org)" - it makes no difference.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Example.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	127533  
rmagere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:09 PM   #214
Lily7
Zealot
Lily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Voyage, Paperwhite 5th gen, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post

Update: If you choose to use this file you must do the following.
1. Exit calibre
2. Unzip this file, you now have a goodreads.json file
3. Find the plugins directory under your calibre configuration directory.
4. Rename your existing goodreads.json file to goodreads.json.org in case you feel the need to go back to it.
5. Place the new goodreads.json file in the plugins directory.
6. Start calibre

Now you can go to Preferences - Metadata download - select goodreads - click Configure selected source to see what is currently mapped for goodreads metadata downloadable tags.
I can't seem to find the calibre configuration directory on my Mac so I can add the expanded .json file. Can anyone help me figure out how to do this?
Lily7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:10 PM   #215
stanking
Noob Developer
stanking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Fire 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily7 View Post
I can't seem to find the calibre configuration directory on my Mac so I can add the expanded .json file. Can anyone help me figure out how to do this?
In Calibre, click Preferences > Miscellaneous > Open calibre configuration directory.
stanking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2014, 10:18 PM   #216
Lily7
Zealot
Lily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Voyage, Paperwhite 5th gen, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanking View Post
In Calibre, click Preferences > Miscellaneous > Open calibre configuration directory.
Thank you!!
Lily7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:57 PM   #217
Wampuscat
Wampuscat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Goodreads Bookshelf Position

I asked this a few months back on another thread, but never got a response... maybe this time?

I want to grab the 'position' of the books on one of my Goodreads bookshelves and put that in a custom column in Calibre using the plugin. Can anyone tell me how I can do that? I can't seem to find the 'position' information to set up a rule for it.

Thanks in advance!
Wampuscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:13 PM   #218
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wampuscat View Post
Goodreads Bookshelf Position

I asked this a few months back on another thread, but never got a response... maybe this time?

I want to grab the 'position' of the books on one of my Goodreads bookshelves and put that in a custom column in Calibre using the plugin. Can anyone tell me how I can do that? I can't seem to find the 'position' information to set up a rule for it.

Thanks in advance!
@Wampuscat - I cant answer your question, but I would think it might be better asked in the thread for this PI's [GUI Plugin] Goodreads Sync

AFAIK Metadata PI's don't download into custom columns

BTW - its been about 30 years since I last went on a Wampus hunt, and I didn't know you can cross 'em with cats

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:37 AM   #219
tarisea
Zealot
tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iphone
An new feature for Goodreads Plugin

Calibre has a feature that allows you to Add Book by ISDN. That's great when you have an ISDN which isn't always or even often. It would be great if the Goodreads plugin allowed you to Add Book by Goodreads ID. This would save me more time than you can imagine.

Can it be done?

Thanks

TTRS
tarisea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:36 PM   #220
nithou
nithou began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hey !

Using this plugin a lot, but I've just noted that my imported reviews are all cut, is there a way for the plugin to grab the full review ? (digging in the source code but thought I'd ask)

Thanks a lot
nithou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 02:10 PM   #221
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.1.9 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Do not change case of tags downloaded, so YA stays as YA.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:16 PM   #222
MegAnne
Enthusiast
MegAnne began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire HD 10
Probably I'm approaching this the wrong way but... I have been using Huisie's json (thank you very much to Huisie and DoctorOhh) for my Tags but lately decided to use it for my Genres column with the intention of focusing on Subgenres afterwards. Weeks of deleting mapping still left me with too many genres or, in some cases, not enough for example within series. Any thoughts or experiences that you could share?
MegAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 08:44 PM   #223
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Version for updated page

As reported in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=266742, the Goodreads page has changed how it displays the description. It was a simple change, so attached is a version that fixes this.

Please test and report whether it works or any problems. If everything is OK, I'll ask kiwidude to update the released version.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Goodreads.zip (21.6 KB, 450 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:28 AM   #224
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
It works OK for me (I get the comments).

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 10-26-2015 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Lack of info
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:32 AM   #225
amely
amely began at the beginning.

Device: none
I tried it on books I had waiting for me to update their metadata (a bit over 50) comments and all the rest are pulled OK.
Thank you
amely is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goodreads, metadata