Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-21-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Kindle 2 Refurbs (US) back at $189

Title says it all. Amazon has refurbished the Kindle 2 (US edition) available for $189.99. Nice discount since they replaced it with the International edition. Great if you don't plan on travelling outside the US (or don't plan on paying the extra fees if you are). Also, since they abruptly discontinued selling the US model, there's a slight chance that these could be New Old Stock (NOS) instead of refurbs.

Last edited by Abecedary; 11-21-2009 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Link added. Thanks dg. :D
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
And heres a link........................remember it has the full one year warranty and 30 day return policy

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...on=refurbished
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
And heres a link........................remember it has the full one year warranty and 30 day return policy

Derrrrrrrrrrr...Sorry about that. Thanks desertgrandma!
Old 11-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #4
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
ARGH!!! Curse you, Amazon!!! I had just talked myself out of getting one because I'd bought the PRS-600 a couple of months ago. I hated Amazon. I loathed Amazon. I vowed never to buy an Amazon device because I didn't trust them. But they slowly and insidiously worked their voodoo...lower prices for books...didn't need a computer connection to get them...but still I resisted. Then I saw here that a refurbished unit was only $189.

Yup. I'm now about to become the proud owner of a Kindle 2. Curse you, Amazon.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:16 AM   #5
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflower75 View Post
I'm really tempted to get one for my dad. Let us know what condition it shows up in. Is it really a refurb? Or are they clearing out the "old" US-only models now that they don't sell them anymore? (I strongly suspect the latter.)
Old 11-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
I'm really tempted to get one for my dad. Let us know what condition it shows up in. Is it really a refurb? Or are they clearing out the "old" US-only models now that they don't sell them anymore? (I strongly suspect the latter.)
The refurbished Kindles are indistinguishable from new, so it doesn't really matter.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:33 PM   #7
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post

DG, I went all the way to putting it in my cart - must resist - must wait for new models, my kindle 1 is fine, just bought it a new battery and it is like new, so what if I don't have a back up . . . .
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:39 PM   #8
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
Hmm, this is getting tempting enough for me to cancel my nook preorder...
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:51 PM   #9
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
30 day no question return policy, ships out immediately!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:40 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've bought a reburbished K1. It came shrink wrapped, in the original "book" box, and looked like new. Even the plugs had the little covers on the edges and looked like they had never been out of the sleeves.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy again..........
Old 11-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #11
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflower75 View Post
ARGH!!! Curse you, Amazon!!! I had just talked myself out of getting one because I'd bought the PRS-600 a couple of months ago. I hated Amazon. I loathed Amazon. I vowed never to buy an Amazon device because I didn't trust them. But they slowly and insidiously worked their voodoo...lower prices for books...didn't need a computer connection to get them...but still I resisted. Then I saw here that a refurbished unit was only $189.

It's all good. The way I figure it I've got the best of both worlds.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:51 PM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
DG, I went all the way to putting it in my cart - must resist - must wait for new models, my kindle 1 is fine, just bought it a new battery and it is like new, so what if I don't have a back up . . . .
'sigh. You make too much sense. Besides.........wait till they get more K1's!!!
Old 11-21-2009, 02:38 PM   #13
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
It's back up to $219.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:12 PM   #14
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Refurbished DX's for $399.95 too.

poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:58 PM   #15
sahmad88
Zealot
sahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color
Darn, it is already back up to $219. That deal didn't last long. Maybe Black Friday....
sahmad88 is offline   Reply With Quote