Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-08-2009, 02:14 PM   #1
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
DecalGirl Skins for DX

I just got an email from DecalGirl - they have pre-ordered a DX (which will arrive on June 12th) - and estimate they will have skins available in roughly 2 weeks.

I requested the "9000" skin - totally black surround of the reading screen - which I have on my K2 - tricks your eyes and increases contrast remarkably.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:29 AM   #2
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Good news. Not that I have a DX, but it's good to see that they're committed to continuing the line.

I'd like to see more solid colors from DecalGirl. I'm not fond of the black because it wouldn't go with my case and I find black/white contrasts too stark. The other designs I think are just too distracting and flashy for my taste. A nice dark blue would be good, or a solid dark brown even (not fake wood grain - I hate that too).

I'll have to write to them, I suppose.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:31 AM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
Good news. Not that I have a DX, but it's good to see that they're committed to continuing the line.

I'd like to see more solid colors from DecalGirl. I'm not fond of the black because it wouldn't go with my case and I find black/white contrasts too stark. The other designs I think are just too distracting and flashy for my taste. A nice dark blue would be good, or a solid dark brown even (not fake wood grain - I hate that too).

I'll have to write to them, I suppose.
They are very receptive to suggestions. And they do offer custom skins too. Drop them an email. They seem very human and friendly to deal with.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #4
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
That's pretty good speed from DecalGirl.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #5
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Where's the impatient foot tapping smilie when you need it?
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
Where's the impatient foot tapping smilie when you need it?
I'm with you on this one - I check their website daily - just for the chance to pre-order a skin. I really love my Kindle 9000 skin on my K2 - really enhanced the screen contrast.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:18 AM   #7
wingman
wingman began at the beginning.

Device: kindledx
So what is the url to their website? Probably should know but brand new here.
wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #8
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman View Post
So what is the url to their website? Probably should know but brand new here.
http://www.decalgirl.com/

And welcome to the site - questions always welcome - and answered!
Old 06-24-2009, 11:00 AM   #9
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Woo Hoo - the DX skins are up at Decalgirl

http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/2,369.htm

Check them out!

And the psphome 15% discount code still works.

Last edited by poohbear_nc; 06-24-2009 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Added discount code.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:33 PM   #10
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Woo Hoo - the DX skins are up at Decalgirl
Thanks for keeping tabs on this. I just ordered the Carbon, same one I had on my K2.
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote