Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 11:16 AM   #1
originkim
originkim began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V5(=EZreader PP)
Exclamation What is the use of SIM CARD in my V5?

What is the use of SIM CARD in my V5?

I know this question shuold be on the BBS of Hanlin Forum, but as you know, they mainly discuss about the 6" reader there, not often for 5-inch-reader. They are very similiar in appearance, but they are little bit different in functions.

Please understand my complicated situatation here.

Ok, I found the SIM CARD in my V5.

What is the exact use of this SIM CARD?
I've heard that the SIM CARD is for DRM function, not for 3G connection.
Is this right?

Do you have the same on in your EZ Reader Pocket Pro, too?

I will appreciate for the replies.

Thanks.

Originkim in Shanghai.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021015410Y.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	42110  

Last edited by originkim; 12-29-2009 at 11:27 AM.
originkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:45 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The SIM card feature is not available Astak models (no socket).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by originkim View Post
What is the use of SIM CARD in my V5?

I know this question shuold be on the BBS of Hanlin Forum, but as you know, they mainly discuss about the 6" reader there, not often for 5-inch-reader. They are very similiar in appearance, but they are little bit different in functions.

Please understand my complicated situatation here.

Ok, I found the SIM CARD in my V5.

What is the exact use of this SIM CARD?
I've heard that the SIM CARD is for DRM function, not for 3G connection.
Is this right?

Do you have the same on in your EZ Reader Pocket Pro, too?

I will appreciate for the replies.

Thanks.

Originkim in Shanghai.
My PocketPro has the SIM card as well. It simply holds more books than the unit can hold on it's own. It expands the memory of the ebook reader. To my knowlge it not for 3G connection. As far DRM the card has nothing to do with it. DRM stands for Digital rights management or digital restrictions management, therefore I do not see how the card could be used for that... I could be wrong though.
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
My PocketPro has the SIM card as well. It simply holds more books than the unit can hold on it's own. It expands the memory of the ebook reader. To my knowlge it not for 3G connection. As far DRM the card has nothing to do with it. DRM stands for Digital rights management or digital restrictions management, therefore I do not see how the card could be used for that... I could be wrong though.
Are you confusing the SD card (16G max) on the outside with the SIM card (only some V5 versions) next to the battery inside?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
My PocketPro has the SIM card as well. It simply holds more books than the unit can hold on it's own.
I think what you are referring to is the SD card slot. The SIM card is different, and (if present) is in the battery compartment. A SIM card is usually used for mobile phones, but the Wolf format can support DRM using a SIM card installed in the reader to supply the unique id. This is only used in China, see Wiki: WOLF.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #6
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
DOH!! You are right!
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:27 AM   #7
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
There is Windows program for WOLF generator and it has SIM option for DRM encoding.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote