Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #61
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
It's just the formatting provided by Book Designer. There must be thousands of books in Mobileread's library with the same formatting. When I tried applying the "replace entity indents with CSS indents" on Dana's Two Years Before the Mast, it didn't work. Only when I kept all the heuristic options checked did it do that. I then found out that it messed with the chapter headings and I had to go back and uncheck a couple of options and that seemed to have solved that problem. If Calibre's next version will just take care of the indent problem and leave the rest of the text as-is, I'll be happy indeed.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #62
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Ok, understood now - I didn't test with all the heuristic options enabled, just fix indents. I'll give that a shot and see which one trashed the italics.

Messing with Chapter headings is by design if you check that option - read up about heuristics here:
http://www.calibre-ebook.com/user_ma...tic-processing
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #63
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
If I feel secure enough about the ident problem after Calibre's next release, I'll redo Moby, just for you, and post it. Using the heuristic settings, I wasn't able to get a good copy of the DH Lawrence book I posted a bit ago, so I've just decided to leave it alone.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote