Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #31
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Most people bring there phones to the bathroom so they will have reading material available. or other things to do on the phone.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #32
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
In a few years when you can pick up a used 7" tablet for $39.99 I'm fairly sure some will install them for just that purpose. Maybe hook them up to the flusher so it automatically starts a video about cleaning up the floor if you use the WC standing up.
I'd go for that, along with a something about putting the seat DOWN when done.
mrscoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #33
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
I'd go for that, along with a something about putting the seat DOWN when done.
Quite right, guys. Operating a toilet seat is a skill women are unable to learn. Too complicated, I guess, so take pity on them and put it down when finished. We guys learn to put them up as children and it's kind of tricky to try to master putting them down if you are an older female.

As for time spent in other people's toilets... Just how often do we actually spend THAT much time in other folk's bathrooms. Personally, except for times when sleeping over in someone else's house, I don't think I've EVER needed to spend more than a minute or two in a 'foreign' WC. Certainly not time enough to need something to read. In my own home it's a different story. I grew up reading on the throne, and read there every day as an adult. But that's in my own home, and these days I bring my e-reader. If I'm at an airport or somewhere where I don't have it, I'll read my phone. I, for one, don't need something provided. Nice of you to consider it, but quite unnecessary in the necessary.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #34
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Like 5thwiggle, I often bring my ereader into the bathroom because it's the only time I get some privacy at home. I wouldn't dilly dally like that when I'm a guest at someone else's home.

Furthermore, If I were at a friend's house and I saw an ereader in the bathroom, I would assume the owner left it there accidentally, and I wouldn't pick it up and turn it on, because that would be nosy.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #35
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
Guests should be over to visit me, not spend time in my bathroom. I wouldn't worry about having reading material in there for them.
Agreed. I'm not going to clutter up my bathroom with reading material.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2012, 11:36 AM   #36
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Quite right, guys. Operating a toilet seat is a skill women are unable to learn. Too complicated, I guess, so take pity on them and put it down when finished. We guys learn to put them up as children and it's kind of tricky to try to master putting them down if you are an older female.

Stitchawl
The first girl I ever lived with had that problem.
I remember being woken up in the middle of the night from her shrieking at the top of her lungs. It seems she got up and went and sat down without looking and fell in. She also did not appreciate my comment that at least I was thoughtful enough to put it up in the first place.
Apache
Apache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #37
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
In a few years when you can pick up a used 7" tablet for $39.99 I'm fairly sure some will install them for just that purpose. Maybe hook them up to the flusher so it automatically starts a video about cleaning up the floor if you use the WC standing up.
There you go! And put the toilet seat down.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #38
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
The first girl I ever lived with had that problem.
I remember being woken up in the middle of the night from her shrieking at the top of her lungs. It seems she got up and went and sat down without looking and fell in. She also did not appreciate my comment that at least I was thoughtful enough to put it up in the first place.
Apache
Life can be so difficult for the technologically challenged...
If men are required to be aware enough to raise the seat, I would think women can be aware enough to lower it. We aren't talking about rocket science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
There you go! And put the toilet seat down.
Helen
No... CLOSE THE COVER. Leaving an uncovered toilet is considered 'unlucky' in Feng Shui anyway. Since you both have to raise the lid, there is never a problem for either of you. Complete equality.

But back to the problem of a 'guest e-reader...' I would think at a copy of National Geographic or Time Magazine might be a better idea. More variety with less confusion for the guest, faster 'turn around,' and your guests spend more time with you!

Stitchawl
Old 10-23-2012, 08:01 AM   #39
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Here's what you need to hook your toilet up to an Android tablet via usb or bluetooth. If you're really serious about sanitation, perhaps you could build a toilet/floor cleaning robot with it. Just remember, low voltage only, as you don't want to electrocute anybody (well, maybe just repeat offenders ), and keep any acid sprays and whirling brushes off until all cheeks are off the seat. Safety first!
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:24 AM   #40
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
My significant otter is a fastidious painter and graphic artist who carries her approach into the minimalism of her decor, esp. when it comes to water corset filigree. I tend not to have several brands of shampoo or soap survive the constant winnowing process, let alone foreign devices normally seen in other parts of the house. I can't imagine her brooking an old e-reader installed in the room permanently.

For those who don't have such issues and are looking to grandfather their hoary incontinent last-gen readers, I can recommend a splash-proof Octovo case for the K3. It seems to be $9.99 at present, but when I bought mine, it actually came to $0.01 during an Amazon sale and you might find one at a cheaper price.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 10-24-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #41
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Most people bring there phones to the bathroom so they will have reading material available. or other things to do on the phone.
This is true. I play yahtzee, catch up on news or blogs. Thank goodness for cell phones it's so easy to text the person downstairs when you need more TP instead of banging or yelling.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #42
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
This is true. I play yahtzee, catch up on news or blogs.
Or there's that evil tapatalk program and this site.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #43
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
This is true. I play yahtzee, catch up on news or blogs. Thank goodness for cell phones it's so easy to text the person downstairs when you need more TP instead of banging or yelling.
Eek! does the person downstairs control the toilet paper, scary thought
What if they don't answer? I am appalled at the concept of toilet paper dependency and will now have to put reading material that can be used as toilet paper in the bathroom for toilet paper emergencies.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #44
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
What if they don't answer? I am appalled at the concept of toilet paper dependency and will now have to put reading material that can be used as toilet paper in the bathroom for toilet paper emergencies.

Helen
Used to be that's what the Montgomery-Ward catalog was fer... Much kinder than corn cobs! Certainly more readable.

Stitchawl
Old 10-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #45
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Or there's that evil tapatalk program and this site.
Yes there is that.

Quote:

Helen
Seeing it's my hubby if he was to ignore me. He's knows I would return the favor so I'm pretty safe from that. We keep our phones on us at all times.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote