Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-02-2014, 03:22 AM   #31
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
If I look at the pubdate column, it shows 100-12-31T18:00:00 by all blank entries. NO need for SQLite Browser.

Apparently the magic is only happening on my computer?

And you can edit whatever date you want in the individual edit metadata. Or at least, you get 0101 through to 7999.
I cannot get a 3 digit or a 4 digit year with leading zero into any calibre
date either via cell edit or individual metadata data edit

Maybe you could show me a screen shot to show that you've done it, and tell me how you did it

If you're looking for a book - try Historia ecclesiastica gentis Anglorum by The Venerable Bede published around June 30 731 CE

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:21 PM   #32
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I cannot get a 3 digit or a 4 digit year with leading zero into any calibre
date either via cell edit or individual metadata data edit

Maybe you could show me a screen shot to show that you've done it, and tell me how you did it

If you're looking for a book - try Historia ecclesiastica gentis Anglorum by The Venerable Bede published around June 30 731 CE

BR
I just opened up individual Edit Metadata and filled in a low date.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre-meta-pubdate-low-date.png
Views:	153
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	119798  
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:03 PM   #33
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I just opened up individual Edit Metadata and filled in a low date.
@eschwartz I would have never thought of using that calendar 'thing', I avoid the mouse because of disability - but it gave me an idea.

If I enter 1000 into the year, and then hold the down arrow key down on it then I can to wind it back to 852 etc. That'll have to do, IIRC the date input is done by Qt, so... Ψ

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:10 PM   #34
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@eschwartz I would have never thought of using that calendar 'thing', I avoid the mouse because of disability - but it gave me an idea.

If I enter 1000 into the year, and then hold the down arrow key down on it then I can to wind it back to 852 etc. That'll have to do, IIRC the date input is done by Qt, so... Ψ

BR
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that works too.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:57 AM   #35
svda
Connoisseur
svda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipse

Gentlemen, it's working perfect now!

svda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:08 PM   #36
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by svda View Post
Gentlemen, it's working perfect now!

Awesome!