Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
exiga
exiga began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo Account Problems Remain Unresolved

Just want to share my negative experiences with Kobo customer support. To date, I have contacted them 3 times both via Live Chat and several Emails.

The issue is as follows....
==========================
On 24th Dec, I was given an e-Gift card of US$100. I had some problems
claiming it and contacted Kobo support. On 28th Dec, Kobo support managed
to resolve it and I had US$100 store credit in the system. That was handled fine....

Then, on 30th Dec, I made a purchase of US$1.19 for a short story book, which was successfully purchased and deducted from my store credit. Hence, I had US$98.81 left.

But since then, I have tried altogether to purchase a few items, yet all were unsuccessful, and somehow my store credit got debited repeatedly. This also included my last attempt, which was actually done in the presence of a Live Chat operator to show Kobo the bug / issue I was facing. In the end, my store credit had US$79.65 left, but I had no successful purchase. This is easily verifiable via my purchase history....

I have asked several times and gone through Livechat with Kobo Customer Care support who promised me resolution. However, it has been about 2 weeks now, and even though I keep raising the incident via Livechat (nearly every 2-3 days) and emailing Kobo support, all they could say is that it was being raised to Tier 2 for resolution and nothing more...

I am rather disappointed and would just like to see if fellow users with store credit have also encountered the problem. Any would anyone have advice on what else can be done to escalate this?

Thanks much for any advice rendered.
exiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Others have had issues that have been slow to resolve with Store Credit.

You might like to try getting in touch with this support group @ Kobo: KOBOExecutiveCare@kobo.com

Include as much info as you can when yiou get in touych with them; ticket numbers, eMails etc and see if they can get action for you.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Sounds like a huge hassle for you exiga! Sorry to hear it. If you do what Peter suggested you should get some proper attention. There have been some issues with gift cards and store credit around Christmas which they are aware of by now. I trust it will be resolved rightfully, I just hope it will be quickly enough for you!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #4
exiga

Thanks for all the advice.

Looks like Kobo may be monitoring this forum, cos they finally responded. But sadly, though they mentioned that they had reinstated my store credit, yet when I checked, it hasn't been done yet...
Old 01-23-2013, 04:21 AM   #5
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exiga View Post
Thanks for all the advice.

Looks like Kobo may be monitoring this forum, cos they finally responded. But sadly, though they mentioned that they had reinstated my store credit, yet when I checked, it hasn't been done yet...
Glad you finally got some attention! If they say they reinstated the credit, they probably did. Might take a while to show up in your account. I hope it will soon! Otherwise just reopen the ticket.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:17 PM   #6
clarkent
clarkent has a spectacular aura aboutclarkent has a spectacular aura aboutclarkent has a spectacular aura aboutclarkent has a spectacular aura aboutclarkent has a spectacular aura aboutclarkent has a spectacular aura aboutclarkent has a spectacular aura aboutclarkent has a spectacular aura aboutclarkent has a spectacular aura aboutclarkent has a spectacular aura aboutclarkent has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
I had a similar problem, bought a 50 buck gift card and used it to buy a bunch of books, they charged the gift card but kept the books then told me there was no way to check the gift card for said purchases. This happened around Christmas. I spent a couple weeks writing emails, complaining, before the emails found themselves in the hands of a tier three cust. service rep. They told me they had been having this problem and asked me to create a new account and they would transfer my old stuff onto it, since then I've had no problems.

Hope they pick up the pace on your issue, it took almost three weeks or so for them to come to some conclusion with me.
clarkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #7
exiga

Good news. My stored credit got reinstated finally... Back to being a happy camper. :-)

Still, a bit hesitant to try and purchase books again, as I'm not sure if the issue has really been resolved...Guess if not, I'll have to reopen the ticket once more...Will keep everyone posted...

Thanks again for all the advice...:-)
Old 01-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #8
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by exiga View Post
Good news. My stored credit got reinstated finally... Back to being a happy camper. :-)

Still, a bit hesitant to try and purchase books again, as I'm not sure if the issue has really been resolved...Guess if not, I'll have to reopen the ticket once more...Will keep everyone posted...

Thanks again for all the advice...:-)
Yay! Congrats on getting it sorted. I hope it'll go smoothly from now on. Note that the problem occurred for many people and only around Christmas. I can't say for certainly that the issue is resolved, but I haven't seen any other reporst than the ones that claimed it happened around Christmas...
Old 01-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #9
exiga

Unfortunately, just tested 2 days ago and the problem is still there...When trying to purchase via store credit and using a discount code, it gives an error and still debits my store credit....Now back to Kobo for fixing once more....