Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-15-2010, 07:05 AM   #16
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
What I do is tag it as "text" and then, outside sigil, I unzip the epub and edit the content.opf, go to the <guide> and change "text" to "start-reading" per crutlidge's suggestion.

If you convert to mobi via calibre, however, it will strip out non-standard guide elements. To keep it, you need to convert with kindlegen.
I will second what st_albert says.

Mark the Start Reading point as TEXT in the Sigil semantics. When ready, unzip the EPUB file and edit the OPF to change "text" to "Start Reading" and save. Make the MOBI file with KINDLEGEN and everything shows up fine.

If the cover is part of the Sigil files (cover.xhtml) two versions of the cover will appear in the MOBI file. As COVER and a small version as FIRST PAGE. I can live with that.

Happy MOBI building.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote