Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-19-2012, 01:49 AM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Question only 4, and that's it ?

Here's a poser from the Euro Sony Forum re T1 - a poster can only download 4 books, and when they download another, one of the 4 dissappears, and can't be found 1

Aside from the obvious Bermuda Triangle theory, any ideas ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
PaulPosition
Enthusiast
PaulPosition began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
No idea.. Kindle shows ALL books on home screen and Sony T1 only shows the last three added ones, so I can imagine one confused (and not very curious/adventurous) Amazoner thinking that ...before he's went and clicked the 'Books' button...

...but as you say it "can't be found" I have to presume a file search was done on the flash drive or something..? -- None of the 'four' books is a duplicate (so would maybe overwrite, thus adding without adding) ?
PaulPosition is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
I've noticed on my fanfic epubs that I load through Calibre that if the author name is different but the title is exactly like another one, that the Sony will load the new one and remove the old one. So if you keep trying to put them on you'll cycle back and forth beneath the two.

I don't know if I've got something in my Calibre settings that's wonky and just need to be tweaked, or what it is. Haven't had time to mess with it much. I just put a '2' at the end of one of the titles and then they both get loaded.

So it wouldn't be that two have the same title, would it?
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
I've noticed on my fanfic epubs that I load through Calibre that if the author name is different but the title is exactly like another one, that the Sony will load the new one and remove the old one. So if you keep trying to put them on you'll cycle back and forth beneath the two.

I don't know if I've got something in my Calibre settings that's wonky and just need to be tweaked, or what it is. Haven't had time to mess with it much. I just put a '2' at the end of one of the titles and then they both get loaded.

So it wouldn't be that two have the same title, would it?
It sounds like you need to check your current 'Save template' in Calibre Preferences - Send-to-device and/or Save-to-Disk (whichever one you use)

If your template is simply {title} then if you have 2 books with the same Title name, the second will overwrite the first.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #5
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
It sounds like you need to check your current 'Save template' in Calibre Preferences - Send-to-device and/or Save-to-Disk (whichever one you use)

If your template is simply {title} then if you have 2 books with the same Title name, the second will overwrite the first.
Thanks, I'll check into that. Just haven't had time to dive in and do much about it yet.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
revmike
Zealot
revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony Readers 505 \ T-2, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8
I just posted a similar problem, but the only common factor is the author's name. The book names are totally different. I have 5 books, but it only shows 4. I'm going to create a dummy book and see if it will allow the missing book to be seen.
revmike is offline   Reply With Quote