Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-19-2010, 06:54 AM   #1
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
Support for Astak Mentor?

I know this is not the most popular reader, but is there an easy way to add support for the Astak Mentor, or just a generic EB600 driver? Right now, when I plug my Mentor in, Calibre does not detect it at all (I can still add books directly to the Mentor via Windows Explorer, but where's the fun in that?)

Thanks!
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:12 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
There is an EB600 driver, so your device is reporting itself differently.

Create a ticket providing the information asked for in this faq answer http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...pported-in-app.

While waiting, you can use the Connect to folder feature to treat the device's storage as a pseudo-device. This feature is available in the Send to device drop down menu.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2010, 12:50 PM   #3
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK -- thanks. I guess I need to go get an SD card...
Old 06-19-2010, 01:44 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbookworm View Post
OK -- thanks. I guess I need to go get an SD card...
Why? Doesn't the memory of the device appear as a mounted drive?
Old 06-19-2010, 01:59 PM   #5
maxbookworm
Addict

Well, the instructions say, "First, if your device supports SD cards, insert them." Is this part not required?
Advert
Old 06-19-2010, 02:01 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbookworm View Post
Well, the instructions say, "First, if your device supports SD cards, insert them." Is this part not required?
Ahh, I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about connect to folder. Sorry.

For the device recognition, yes, it is best to have a card in the device. Without that information, we can't know how to access the cards.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:35 PM   #7
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Off Topic: Sorry, couldn't resist for some reason...

@maxbookworm: I made a couple of variants of your avatar.

Hope you can forgive me.

cap
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	max_bookworm_avatar_variant.png
Views:	275
Size:	308.7 KB
ID:	53697   Click image for larger version

Name:	max_bookworm_avatar_variant_1.png
Views:	279
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	53698   Click image for larger version

Name:	max_bookworm_avatar_variant_2.png
Views:	299
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	53699  
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:45 PM   #8
cynthia399
cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Astak Mentor
I also have this reader and did a request ticket to have the driver added last night. Ticket #5886
cynthia399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:25 PM   #9
maxbookworm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by capidamonte View Post
@maxbookworm: I made a couple of variants of your avatar.

Hope you can forgive me.

cap
Oh, ha ha. Those are great! I'll keep them in mind. Thanks
Old 06-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #10
maxbookworm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia399 View Post
I also have this reader and did a request ticket to have the driver added last night. Ticket #5886
Thanks Cynthia -- looks like you've got it under control.

Calibre developers -- please let us know if you need any more info
Old 06-26-2010, 09:11 AM   #11
maxbookworm
Addict

Yay! I see this has been added. Thanks, it works perfectly!