Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Changing Cover Issues

I have a Project Gutenberg book, pg74, the Adventures of Tom Sawyer. I want to change the cover on it - I used the Download Metadata button to download metadata and select the new cover, and it all shows up just fine - but when I double click on the book to view it in the calibre viewer, I only see the old cover. I know I've changed covers successfully before, but I'm not sure what I did to make the new cover "stick". Can anyone help?
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Changing the cover in calibre, like changing any metadata, only makes the change in calibre. It doesn't make the change in the actual book.

To change the book you need to either reconvert, either from the original to the desired format or from one format to itself, or take some action that forces the updating in the book (e.g. Save-to-Disk, Send-to-Device, or a plugin that performs the task on the copy in the library).

Generally updating the cover is beyond the scope of metadata updating in most formats. There is an Update ePub plugin that can accomplish updating an existing cover in ePub files, though it can't insert a cover in one that has none.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert