Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 06:48 PM   #31
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You could try a PM here to SameerH, product manager for the Kobo readers.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #32
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
You could try a PM here to SameerH, product manager for the Kobo readers.
I have a trouble ticket in. Was told by General Support my issue was forwarded to Tier 2. Someone else posted in this sub-forum the same issue as mine including unsuccessful resets. Sameer's response was it's a hardware failure.

The person on the phone didn't even bother to try to walk me through getting it going again. When she answered the phone I simply told her my unit won't power up and I tried the two methods of resetting and it didn't work. She sounded like she heard this before (more than once) or was formally informed about this. I was off the phone in less than 3 minutes.

Last edited by SCION; 09-10-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Advert
Old 09-10-2011, 07:15 PM   #33
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Have you looked then at the standard warranty --> http://download.kobobooks.com/learnm...h_Warranty.pdf

This instructs you to call 1-866-204-4714
Old 09-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #34
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Have you looked then at the standard warranty --> http://download.kobobooks.com/learnm...h_Warranty.pdf

This instructs you to call 1-866-204-4714
Yes, that's the number I called. When I say General Support I'm going by the phone prompts. It says press this number for Kobo Touch support. Since I was told it would be forwarded to Tier 2, I simply refer to it as General Support.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:32 PM   #35
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJames View Post
I think everyone feels the frustration of having a new gadget fail, and we understand the implied "My..." in front of the complaint. One benefit of forums like this is we can judge for ourselves how common problems are. Personally my KT has been fine (except for recent Storage Error issues), although I'm starting to wish that Kobo tested their firmware releases better.
I guess I just thought SCION came across as more reasonable than the unfair inferences and illusions presented in the name of emotive expression which I struggle with in light of the fact that we are talking about a $130 consumer electronics device. Anyway like you said others are welcome to draw their own conclusions which means that voices who don't feel the same are just as valid.

Hopefully the defective one will be replaced under warranty and that will be that.

Last edited by molman; 09-10-2011 at 10:38 PM. Reason: typos
Advert
Old 09-10-2011, 09:45 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Yes, that's the number I called. When I say General Support I'm going by the phone prompts. It says press this number for Kobo Touch support. Since I was told it would be forwarded to Tier 2, I simply refer to it as General Support.
I suggest calling back Kobo and asking for tier 2 support and if that fails, a manager. Get someone who will issue you an RMA and a label to send it back.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #37
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Let us know when they tell you it will be replaced. All KT are still within standard warranty I expect replacement because of hardware failure. You are up beat entertaining asset I hope for quick replacement so you hang around here for 6 months when your KT warranty is up. ;-)
Old 09-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #38
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
That sucks Scion. I was actually thinking of getting one the other day but wasn't sure about the Borders thing so didn't, I'm interested to know how their customer service turns out.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:55 AM   #39
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Fortunately, you discovered the problem before shipping. I would have felt terrible if a MR member received a non functioning unit.

It's the main reason I prefer to shop in person. Easy returns.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #40
SCION
Séduisant

Kobo Support is really inefficient. Now I see why people swear by Amazon customer service and elevate the Kindle to such a high status.

Yesterday I called tech support and was issued a ticket #. Was told to await a response from Tier 2. Decided to post my ticket # at http://getsatisfaction.com/kobo. I perked up when I noticed a response from a Kobo rep. Was told that my ticket was updated. Went to check on the status of ticket. I'm asked the same freakin' questions the rep on the phone asked!

Quote:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us, we are sorry that you are having trouble. Based on the information you have posted on Get Satisfaction, your Kobo Touch appears to be defective and may need to be exchanged. Please provide the answers to the questions below in order to confirm your information:

1. What is the colour of your Kobo Touch? (Please check the back of the eReader to determine the colour.)
2. When did you purchase your Kobo Touch?
3. Where did you purchase your Kobo Touch?
4. Have you purchased the Extended Protection Plan for your Kobo Touch?

Sincerely,
The Kobo Team
My previous answers ARE on file because they're noted in the customer rep. comments of the trouble ticket.

Last edited by SCION; 09-11-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:38 AM   #41
SCION
Séduisant

It's obvious there are no procedures in place for addressing the unique needs of those who purchased from Borders, USA and are unable to exchange defective units. There's absolutely no sense of urgency on the part of anyone when they're informed a device is obviously defective. Many folks have this power on problem as documented at GetSatisfaction/Kobo. Sometimes the resets work and sometimes they don't.

I plugged my device in overnight. When I unplugged it, it was warm. It's being charged. Did the reset thing again, and still nothing.

Last edited by SCION; 09-11-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #42
octoberdana
Enthusiast
octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Nook Touch, Kindle Touch
I returned my kobo touch just a few days before they announced borders closing. I had multiple problems with it and the last straw was when the screen froze up and was striped.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #43
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
As a point of interest, another thread has a survey asking if people are happy with their Kobo Touch, and the overwhelming majority say they're happy with it.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #44
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
As a point of interest, another thread has a survey asking if people are happy with their Kobo Touch, and the overwhelming majority say they're happy with it.
More than a few are not happy with their device and/or with customer service. There are many Kobo owners who don't even know about this forum.

http://getsatisfaction.com/kobo/problems/recent
Old 09-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #45
SCION
Séduisant

I need to add that the problems include all models of the Kobo. So, there is a history of dissatisfaction across models. More importantly, customer service is abysmal.
Closed Thread