Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 07:29 AM   #1
Mjaydakid
Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3
Proofing Term Papers

My daughter sent her final term paper to me to proofread on my Kindle. she sent it via the kindle.com address. I used the note and highlight functions to indicate what changes she needed to make. My question now is... How do I send the notated document back to her? Calibre stripped the doc clean.
Thanks for any help.
Mjaydakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #2
EltaninPub
Nameless Being

You've got two choices. In both cases, you want to plug your kindle into your computer and look in the documents folder. If your daughter has a kindle (or kindle for PC), you can send her BOTH the azw file AND the .mbp file for the term paper. The .mbp file contains your notes, bookmarks, and where you left off in the book. If she were to load both of these files onto her kindle, the paper should have your notes.

The other option is to find your Clippings file. It's a txt file. It makes a note of every highlight and note you make in every book. If you've highlighted a lot of books, you should just find the ones for her paper (they are listed chronologically, of when you made the note). The notes will refer to a location, so it is best if she also has a kindle version of the document to know what spot you were talking about each time.
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
Jeff L
Zealot
Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
.mbp file

Notes and highlights are kept in each ebooks associated .mbp file.

Attach your Kindle to your computer by the USB cable and look in the "documents" folder. You should see the ebook and another file with the same filename but with the file extension of .mbp there.

Send that .mbp file to her and have her place it, along with the ebook, in her Kindle.

Alternatively, you an use Calibre to convert it to an RTF document and make your notes in that.
Jeff L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
Mjaydakid
Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks guys for your response. Now I am not tied to my desktop to proof her homework. I can receive and send mark-ups to each others kindle.
Mjaydakid is offline   Reply With Quote