Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 04-16-2004, 11:06 AM   #1
plelkes
plelkes began at the beginning.

converting special character

Hi,
I´m tryin g to convert a word 2000 document written in swedish an with special characters as " >" and " ->".
The swedish letters ä, å and ö works lika charm, but instead of "->" it apears "à"
And I also would like to have som help with:
Fitting this page on the screen of my palm
And help with the table on the page- so it will fit onto screen...

I attach the originl doc. Please excuse the swedish language
Attached Files
File Type: zip pediatrik1.zip (12.7 KB, 2976 views)

Last edited by plelkes; 04-16-2004 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:03 PM   #2
plelkes

I´ve made some adjustments and the result I send to you.
But my problem now is stil the table:
If you look at the link Natrium the table doesnt look right on my handheld (m515) but looks as it should on POSE, why ist it so?
I send you even the pose

Last edited by plelkes; 04-16-2004 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-17-2004, 05:17 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plelkes
I´ve made some adjustments and the result I send to you.
But my problem now is stil the table:
If you look at the link Natrium the table doesnt look right on my handheld (m515) but looks as it should on POSE, why ist it so?
I send you even the pose
Plelkes, I downloaded your Word document and tried to convert it with iSiloX. One word of caution here: I assume you saved your word document from within MS Word as a "website, filtered" html file. Even though it says filtered, the MS Word generated html file is quite messy. So one reason of your problems could be the messy html code. There are tools available to "clean" this code.

Now, after converting it to html, I converted it with iSiloX using standard settings. Can you tell me where "link Natrium" appears in the document? It would also be helpful if you could show me or tell me how it exactly looks bad on your Palm.

Best regards,
Alex
Old 04-17-2004, 07:15 AM   #4
plelkes

I found the solution:have to change option/display/layout/enable table layout

Quote:
I assume you saved your word document from within MS Word as a "website, filtered" html file
No saved as "webpage"
Quote:
So one reason of your problems could be the messy html code. There are tools available to "clean" this code
what are those tools??
Quote:
Can you tell me where "link Natrium" appears in the document? It would also be helpful if you could show me or tell me how it exactly looks bad on your Palm
Link natrium is to the end of the doc.
the tables looked bad on my palm, but I solved the problem...
Old 04-17-2004, 09:12 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plelkes
what are those tools??
I use Dreamweaver's Clean Up Word HTML feature, but if you don't own Dreamweaver, you may try other products. I checked on google and found this one immediately:
http://www.wordcleaner.com/

Another, free service, is available here:
http://www.textism.com/wordcleaner/

And another free program available here:
http://www.paehl.de/tidy/

Greets
Alex