Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-29-2014, 02:29 PM   #1
afterwit
afterwit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paper WHITE
Looking to interview Whispersync users

I am working on a piece for the Wall Street Journal on Amazon's Whispersync feature, and how seamless switching between audio and text is changing the nature of reading. (I myself have been churning through books this way, after years treating my e-reading and audiobook listening as two distinct experiences).

Hoping to find fellow Whispersync users willing to talk about their experience. If you're up for it, email me at jeremy.olshan@dowjones.com

(Here is a piece I did in 2012 on audiobook listening while running: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...29202490992958 )

Best,

Jeremy Olshan
Personal Finance Editor
WSJ Digital Network/MarketWatch
jeremy.olshan@dowjones.com
afterwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:03 AM   #2
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterwit View Post
I am working on a piece for the Wall Street Journal on Amazon's Whispersync feature, and how seamless switching between audio and text is changing the nature of reading. (I myself have been churning through books this way, after years treating my e-reading and audiobook listening as two distinct experiences).

Hoping to find fellow Whispersync users willing to talk about their experience. If you're up for it, email me at jeremy.olshan@dowjones.com

(Here is a piece I did in 2012 on audiobook listening while running: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...29202490992958 )

Best,

Jeremy Olshan
Personal Finance Editor
WSJ Digital Network/MarketWatch
jeremy.olshan@dowjones.com
If you're going to write a story about it, you may want to get the terminology correct. "Whispersync" is not only about audiobooks--it's about syncing ALL of your books so that you can read them on different devices and not lose your place, and your highlights, bookmarks, and annotations follow through no matter what device you are reading on. "Whispersync for Voice" is the feature that allows you to seamlessly switch between reading an ebook and listening to an audiobook.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, audiobook, ebook, whispersync