Notices

Old 02-25-2012, 05:05 AM   #331
CrackerJibbs
CrackerJibbs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1; Kindle Paperwhite 2; Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by WST View Post
Hi,

I have a Decal Girl Skin and a Sony standard cover for my T1. Indeed, after installing the skin and trying to fit the T1 to the cover, I found that the cover edge where it snaps, tries to lift the skin in some places as I'm trying to make the cover snap over the T1.

I solved it by removing the T1 again and warming up the right edge of the cover over a stove top just enough to make it a tad more flexible. I snapped the T1 in again while pulling the edge until it cleared over the T1.

It' worked fine

Attached is a picture (I just wish I choose a different design. This one is nice though). I also wish that Decal Girl offers skin fronts (without the backs), it'll make it cheaper, as the back skin is totally unnecessary with the cover.
Thanks for the info, pics, and the tip about heating the case.

My skin should arrive any day now, so I'll see how it goes. The glare is really the only problem I have with the reader (aside from wishing the background was a bit whiter), so I'll be very happy if the Decalgirl skin solves that issues.

Now I just need to find out how I'm going to find the time to read the 130 ebooks I have acquired...
CrackerJibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #332
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
A new (to me) cover vendor I've just found is Lightwedge.

They are of the type with straps for each corner, and they do list a variety of "compatible" models for each case so they're certainly not custom fits. But they do mention the T1 by name...
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #333
marimba
marimba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.marimba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.marimba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs-t1
Hi, completely new here, but have been lurking for weeks trying to figure out which e-reader to get. Ok So it's almost certainly going to be the T1.

Can someone tell me if the T1 will fit into the Timbuktu kindle keyboard envelope sleeve http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/...sleeve/1571141

If it's also wearing a Soft Silicone Cover Skin Case like this one? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
Thanks! I'm hoping to purchase everything at once. I'm not too keen on getting any decal skins quite yet - hope to enjoy the black and then work on it!
marimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:59 PM   #334
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post

They are of the type with straps for each corner, and they do list a variety of "compatible" models for each case so they're certainly not custom fits. But they do mention the T1 by name...
I would stay far away from Lightwedge.

Quote:
Medium cover fits: Kindle Fire, Kindle Keyboard, NOOK, Kobo Wi Fi, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox, Sony Reader Daily Edition, Sony Reader Wi-Fi, BlackBerry PlayBook, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7”, HTC Flyer, and Dell Streak 7
No way all these readers are a close enough size to the T1 to make me feel the cover is a good fit. A 7" tablet is a different size. So forget them.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:50 AM   #335
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaros View Post
Book armor Case might be an option. Sturdy outside "fabric", 1mm aluminum plate glued to thin plastic, on both sides. Held in middle by 3 plastic pieces, neither sides get to touch the device. There is some flex but It might be due to glue between fabric and plate, which feels something like hot-glue... Haven't dare to test it though
This sounds a likely candidate , many thanks - shall also see the EVA, immutability, also thanks.
They both sound good possibilities.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:24 AM   #336
aimango
aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: none
Has anyone tried this case or has opinions for it? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
aimango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:49 AM   #337
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
No way all these readers are a close enough size to the T1 to make me feel the cover is a good fit. A 7" tablet is a different size. So forget them.
Another vendor off the list!
Old 02-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #338
chrisridd
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimango View Post
Has anyone tried this case or has opinions for it? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
Their website doesn't list it, but their other frameless cases require a self-adhesive patch to join the reader to the case. That doesn't appeal to me.

There's no protection on the sides either, also unappealing! But it is nice and slim...
Old 02-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #339
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post

The Lightwedge covers are very nice designs and good quality. I have seen them at Staples and OfficeMax in the US and am thinking about getting one for my Kindle. I think they are also at Best Buy. You have to be cautious because there are 2 sizes: small sized for the Kindle Touch and medium sized for the Kindle Keyboard & Fire. I think that the small probably is a better fit for the T1.

Here are some posts from MobileRead that people say they are using the Lightwedge covers with the T1 & 650 and like it. The one post is clear that the cover they bought is the small size for the Kindle Touch. The other post links to an Amazon product page for medium (that may have been an accidental oversight or the real size purchased?). I would find a store that sells them near you and then take your T1 in and try it out in-store. I don't know if they sell them in-store anywhere in the UK.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=63
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...09&postcount=7
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #340
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I have the Lightwedge for my Kindle non-touch & I like it very much. It's a nice cover that looks like a book. I have the Antique Red one. I really like the look and feel. It's nice & sturdy.

I don't however like it for the T1. I find it stretches the elastics out of shape and it covers the buttons on the far left & right as well as the power button. I don't like that. If you can live with it, then I suppose it works for you. I don't like those aspects of it for the T1 though.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:44 AM   #341
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
I use the soft cover that came with my Aluratek Libre.... fits like it was made for it and you can slip the stylus under the flap....
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #342
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
I use the soft cover that came with my Aluratek Libre.... fits like it was made for it and you can slip the stylus under the flap....
I use the one that came with my Aluratek Libre Pro for my Sony PRS-350, but that cover is too short for my T1 - the top inch or so of the reader sticks out.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #343
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
mCover Aqua case fits PRS-T1

My white PRS-T1 has a Decal Girl skin (in Tangerine Floral) to get rid of the glare, and for awhile I used a PRS-350 white sleeve from Case Logic, but it was a tight fit and I got tired of wrestling with it.

I do prefer a case-less reader, but my purse is dangerous territory. I tried the regular Sony case at Target, but felt that it was uncomfortable to hold - the tray digs into my hand.

So I took a chance and purchased a mCover for Kindle Touch in Aqua, for $7.99. I'd call it more of a Robin's Egg Blue, but it is still a nice case, with a nice, pocket, and an elastic band to hold it shut, and keep the cover from flapping. It comes in several other colors.

Here are pictures of the T1 in the case, and with my preferred book light. The Kindle Touch is a bit wider, but the friction of the case lining keeps the T1 secure - no wiggling. And the corner pieces don't obscure the buttons like most of the other Kindle cases.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3809.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	548.1 KB
ID:	83325   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3808.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	712.6 KB
ID:	83326   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3807.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	856.6 KB
ID:	83327   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3811.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	725.7 KB
ID:	83328   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3812.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	778.6 KB
ID:	83329   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3806.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	654.1 KB
ID:	83330   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3814.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	669.5 KB
ID:	83331  
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #344
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
So I took a chance and purchased a mCover for Kindle Touch in Aqua, for $7.99. I'd call it more of a Robin's Egg Blue, but it is still a nice case, with a nice, pocket, and an elastic band to hold it shut, and keep the cover from flapping. It comes in several other colors.
Thank you so much for posting this! This is exactly what I've been looking for, and thanks to you I know how well it will work with the T1. Just ordered one in black. Yay!
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #345
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Thanks for posting those pictures!
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote