Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #16
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I caved and upgraded, and I have a bit of lag but not as much as some seem to be experiencing. Once you upgrade though, there is no way back.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #17
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I caved and upgraded, and I have a bit of lag but not as much as some seem to be experiencing. Once you upgrade though, there is no way back.
One reason I caved early on was that my iPhone 5 DLed the iOS 7 upgrade. I only have a 16GB model so that upgrade taking up a lot of space was a downer. Too bad they don't allow us to choose whether to download it and/or allow us to delete the upgrade files if we don't want it. It is like saying, you don't have to install this but if you don't there will be this 800 pound gorilla sitting on you until you do.

I'm getting used to iOS 7 though, and I think the extra functionality was worth upgrading for. My only complaint is the pseudo extortion to upgrade and those damn white application screens in the stock Apple apps.
Advert
Old 10-06-2013, 04:53 AM   #18
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
It works fine on my ipad mini and ipod touch. No lag. It's just as fast and smooth as it was on ios6.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #19
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
It works fine on my ipad mini and ipod touch. No lag. It's just as fast and smooth as it was on ios6.
Most instances of reported lagging are on the large ipads. The Mini and ipod touch seem to be holding up well.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:50 AM   #20
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
A friends iPad3 is unusable due to the lag. Use the keypad to type an email and wait seconds before it registers the key presses. There is no way to go back currently so he has in effect bricked his iPad needless to say he isn't happy. I am glad I held off updating mine to see what the real world reports were. I definitely won't be updating and will stay on 6.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #21
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkrider View Post
A friends iPad3 is unusable due to the lag. Use the keypad to type an email and wait seconds before it registers the key presses. There is no way to go back currently so he has in effect bricked his iPad needless to say he isn't happy. I am glad I held off updating mine to see what the real world reports were. I definitely won't be updating and will stay on 6.
My iPad3 has a bit of lag since updating to iOS7, but thankfully nothing like that. Did he try restarting his iPad after the update? It might help. Occasionally my iPad3 gets sluggish, even under iOS6, but a restart usually clears up whatever is causing the issue.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:52 AM   #22
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Jack, I will check when I see him later in the week, thanks for the tip.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:08 AM   #23
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
iOS 7 is a pile of manure, but it should definitely not cause any overall dysfunction of iPad 3. I have an iPad 3 myself. iOS 7 makes it look ugly, and the user experience is no longer smooth, fluid -- it makes you feel as if you were using an early Android version. (For example, when swiping down your finger to reveal Spotlight Search, it's never smooth here: there's always an ugly jerk before the search field appears; that sums up the iOS 7 user experience for me.)

But, the iPad by itself is still perfectly usable, especially when you're inside an app -- away from iOS 7's butt-ugly interface, and of course away from Apple's hideous and lame default iOS apps.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:10 AM   #24
DaveinJapan
Enthusiast
DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.

Device: iPhone
Doesn't seem too smart of Apple to put out a product that's so sluggish on so many devices. Yikes!
DaveinJapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:16 AM   #25
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
I wouldn't call it sluggish, either; but the sense of fluidity and smoothness seems gone, at least on my iPad 3 and iPhone 4. iOS 7, to me, is "jerk and shove". The intentionally slowed-down iOS 7 animations only serve to reinforce that impression.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote