Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #76
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
Here's ready made updater (auto rotate) for those who don't like editing system files :
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16679763/KTRotate_0.1.zip

Cheers
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #77
mr.w0lf
n00b
mr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with others

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dir194 View Post
somehow the launcher's portrait inverted mode doesn't work on my kt (neither 5.0.0 nor 5.0.3) it will be useful when I try to lean it up against the wall and the power button trigger by accident. Is there any way to make portrait inverted works?
i do not think so.. yifanlu maybe could help you, he's the one who find out how to rotate screen..
mr.w0lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #78
mr.w0lf
n00b
mr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniko7 View Post
Here's ready made updater (auto rotate) for those who don't like editing system files :

Cheers
my kindle says update not sucessfull, error 3
Old 01-25-2012, 05:38 AM   #79
tshanks
tshanks began at the beginning.

Can't Scroll to Top Part of Page While Zoomed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfmm View Post
great work!

but there is a problem:
Display a upper half page of pdf file in landscape mode, then zoom out, you'll get the zoomed lower half of the same page, and cannot switch back to upper half untill zoom the page back.
i.e. you could never zoom out the upper half page of pdf file in landscape mode.
Can this be fixed? It really makes the Kindle Touch useless for my purposes (reading two-column journal article PDFs) to not be able to read the top of the page!

How can we fix this one show-stopping issue?

Oh, and thank you for all your work on this effort!
tshanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:52 AM   #80
mr.w0lf
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.w0lf View Post
my kindle says update not sucessfull, error 3
ok, somehow solved, will update main thread with your ZIP
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 05:27 AM   #81
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:

Cheers
I'd assume this is for firmware prior to 5.0.3, right?
mr.wolf: I think the first post should be polished so that everyone knows which file is which! thanks.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:38 AM   #82
mr.w0lf
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
I'd assume this is for firmware prior to 5.0.3, right?
mr.wolf: I think the first post should be polished so that everyone knows which file is which! thanks.
i have included the full name of each file in the explanation of this hack.. do you think it's not clear enough?
or better to rename each attachment again to make less misundestanding?
Old 01-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #83
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
i have included the full name of each file in the explanation of this hack.. do you think it's not clear enough?
or better to rename each attachment again to make less misundestanding?
Well looking at it now, it's alright now with description you wrote for seaniko7's file.

Not important but might help to have it like this so we know the first two are same approach:
rotate-screen_smallbuttons.zip
rotate-screen.zip

So I didn't want to run seaniko7's bin file on my KT 5.0.3. It has the same limitation as your approach and therefore not good for my KT, right?
Old 01-27-2012, 07:18 AM   #84
mr.w0lf
n00b

Quote:
So I didn't want to run seaniko7's bin file on my KT 5.0.3. It has the same limitation as your approach and therefore not good for my KT, right?
yep, as any other method that do not first downgrade your reader app to 5.01 version
Old 01-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #85
thatworkshop
hub

Quote:
yep, as any other method that do not first downgrade your reader app to 5.01 version
I really want to do that but where can I find the firmware?
Old 01-27-2012, 07:49 AM   #86
mr.w0lf
n00b

Quote:
I really want to do that but where can I find the firmware?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200203720
Old 01-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #87
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
@mr.w0lf, I don't think it is possible to downgrade Kindle Touch from 5.0.3 to 5.0.1 without mmcblk0p1 dump and diagnostic mode.
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #88
mr.w0lf
n00b

Quote:
@mr.w0lf, I don't think it is possible to downgrade Kindle Touch from 5.0.3 to 5.0.1 without mmcblk0p1 dump and diagnostic mode.
shoudn't be as easy as putting back reader app version 5.0.1 from a non-upgraded kindle?
Old 01-28-2012, 02:37 AM   #89
yosoyeleze
yosoyeleze began at the beginning.

Quote:

Cheers
Hi

Great job! safely install the auto-rotate in my KT. But ... when after a time without using the screen saver is activated (sleep mode) is no longer possible to use the function. Someone came up? We must change something? regards
yosoyeleze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:43 AM   #90
xuewy
xuewy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
After the v5.0.3 firmware update it's still possible to set the device in landscape mode (using the GUI launcher) but with an extra issue. Now when reading a book in landscape mode the last 2/3 characters (a fixed vertical stripe of pixels) of each TEXT row are not displayed. Header and footer are still there.

Addition: this issue concerns only the book reading application. The web browser is OK.
My KT is 5.0.1 when I got it. the jailbreak and installed yifanlu's UI Launcher for screen rotate. After upgrade to 5.0.3, the UI Launcher still work, then installed the KTRotate_0.1.zip by seaniko7, everything fine except the same issue as Pirl8 described above, hope to solve it as soon as possible, then everything perfect.
xuewy is offline   Reply With Quote