Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #46
Akanero
Akanero began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Small Button Version?

Can someone post a link to the small button version? I'd like to try it out.
Akanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #47
rastik
Connoisseur
rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdi View Post
cool though I think there'll be more problems if we don't fix the refresh issue. it looks like its caused by a bad driver
Looking into log while in landscape I see that the Amazon cocde does not work as it should:
Code:
winmgr[1166]: W ligl:fbioctl::Something wrong happened when trying to update
mxc_epdc_fb mxc_epdc_fb: Update region is outside bounds of framebuffer.Aborting update.
I don't know exactly how they implemented no-refresh page draw but my thought is that they are using a buffer that is bigger than screen and just "move a viewpoint". And after 6 pages it has to be redrawn completely. Amazon code detects this situation correctly while in portrait, but fail while in landscape.
rastik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #48
rastik
Connoisseur
rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.w0lf View Post
Nice work, could you write an SH file that could do all that automatically (and maybe even wipe back situation)? that would be really nice!
I'll use for a day or two to make sure it works and then create a script.
rastik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:58 AM   #49
highend
highend began at the beginning.

As most of you should know already: Won't work if you install the 5.0.3 update.
highend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #50
yosoyeleze
yosoyeleze began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highend View Post
As most of you should know already: Won't work if you install the 5.0.3 update.
Nooooooo! can make it work with the new 5.0.3 firmware?
yosoyeleze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #51
DumbledoreMD
DumbledoreMD began at the beginning.

I think yifanlu's launcher still works on jailbroken kindles)
DumbledoreMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #52
highend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbledoreMD View Post
I think yifanlu's launcher still works on jailbroken kindles
The launcher itself, yes. But the screen orientation isn't changing when e.g. one of the two landscape modes is selected.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #53
ricocarlos
ricocarlos began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE
Any fix for the 5.03 upgrade?

Last edited by ricocarlos; 01-17-2012 at 11:03 AM.
ricocarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #54
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by highend View Post
The launcher itself, yes. But the screen orientation isn't changing when e.g. one of the two landscape modes is selected.
Does it change from the command line?
What happens if you log as root via ssh and type:

Code:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.winmgr orientationLock L
(repeat with U instead of L to go back to portrait)
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #55
tfmm
tfmm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
great work!

but there is a problem:
Display a upper half page of pdf file in landscape mode, then zoom out, you'll get the zoomed lower half of the same page, and cannot switch back to upper half untill zoom the page back.
i.e. you could never zoom out the upper half page of pdf file in landscape mode.
tfmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #56
highend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
Does it change from the command line?
What happens if you log as root via ssh and type:

Code:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.winmgr orientationLock L
(repeat with U instead of L to go back to portrait)
No, the display doesn't change it's orientation when I execute this command (from a root shell access).
Old 01-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #57
mr.w0lf
n00b
mr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with others

Damn it, i knew that they were fixing it but didn't thought that fast..
will not have a pc till tomorrow (gmt+1), anyone can get the 5.0.3 update file? so we can work out what they have done to what files?
mr.w0lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #58
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
I've already gone though all the patched files, patched java classes, and patched kernel. There isn't much. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...37&postcount=8

Get the update from amazon's site.

They did not remove screen rotation code. It should be easy to fix.

Last edited by yifanlu; 01-17-2012 at 05:55 PM.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #59
tfmm
tfmm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
I mean zoom in...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfmm View Post
great work!

but there is a problem:
Display a upper half page of pdf file in landscape mode, then zoom out, you'll get the zoomed lower half of the same page, and cannot switch back to upper half untill zoom the page back.
i.e. you could never zoom out the upper half page of pdf file in landscape mode.
tfmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:56 AM   #60
mr.w0lf
n00b
mr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu View Post
They did not remove screen rotation code. It should be easy to fix.
Any clue on why it stopped working so?
mr.w0lf is offline   Reply With Quote