Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #136
h1uke
Zealot
h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: dxg, k3w,k4nt,kpw
Quote:
Originally Posted by luyt View Post
Does it support Kindle DX or not? Thanks!
it does.
h1uke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:13 PM   #137
luyt
luyt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1uke View Post
a simpler, and, probably, better alternative is to point the Program to the directory
where your system fonts reside. This can be accomplished by editing the goqt.sh script
sitting in a root directory of fbKindle/FBReader. Find the line
Code:
export QT_QWS_FONTDIR=`pwd`/qtKindle/lib/fonts
and replace it with
Code:
export QT_QWS_FONTDIR=/usr/java/lib/fonts
BTW, if we're discussing the goqt.sh ...
fbKindle/FBreader is capable of showing dialogs and menus in many native languages:
in goqt.sh find the line
Code:
./"$1" -qws
and replace it with
Code:
./"$1" -qws -lang <your_preferred_language_code>
langage code is a two-letter sequence representing the language.
Default is en which stands for English. Following interface languages are currently supported:
Code:
[root@kindle fbKindle]# ls share/FBReader/resources/
ar.xml  de.xml  es.xml  fr.xml  id.xml  lt.xml  ru.xml  uk.xml  zh.xml
cs.xml  en.xml  fi.xml  hu.xml  itxml  nl.xml  sv.xml  vi.xml
[root@kindle fbKindle]#
(uk stands for Ukrainian...)
this method for font by editing the goqt.sh script is great. For DX user, this solves the support of CJK (Chinese, Japanese and Korean) problem.
Thanks all.

BTW, is it possible one day the FbKindle support bookmark/annotation of epub reading?
luyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #138
rafa12321
rafa12321 began at the beginning.

Device: papyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by knorst View Post
Hi all,
In fbkindle ,i changed succesfully the key's to scroll to the next page, because i prefer to read in the landscape-mode and i don't find it really cnvenient to use the normal keys.

btw. do you think the normal keys (i.e. the alphabetic caracter keys and also the space key) are capable to act as a "turn pages"-key on the long run?

I mean are those keys robust enough to press them so often (500 times in a book with 500 pages). I.e. is there a difference from a constructional point of view regarding the normal scroll keys or the other keys on the kindle keypad?

greetings
knorst
Hi Knorst,

I also wanted to use it in landscape mode.

Did you get to change the function of the space key? I wanted to assing it to Pageforward, but I couldn't.
I could do it for normal key, such as "Z" changing its assignment in keymap.xml file, but the "Space" assignment change doesnt work....

Rafael
rafa12321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #139
knorst
Enthusiast
knorst began at the beginning.

Device: in future: 902/903
@rafa12321:
i got it working via the options menue. Go to "keys" and assign "scroll page forward" to the space key, by pressing it in the appropriate field.

knorst
knorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #140
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Command line for browser

Has anyone been able to use the Kindle browser from links in books read with FBReader?

Code:
FBreader - Options 

Web Tab

* Open External Links in Browser
Command to Execute is by default mozilla %1 &
What would be the command to configure for invoking the Kindle Browser?
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #141
Lion__1
Lion__1 began at the beginning.

it seems that there is no further development, right?
Lion__1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:52 PM   #142
knorst
Enthusiast
knorst began at the beginning.

Device: in future: 902/903
It's very sad, that there seems to be no further development, as fbkindle was the only reason i bought a kindle 3!!!

But nevermind! apart from a few things, like the interface and the library-view fbkindle works perfectly well for me!

greetings

knorst

Last edited by knorst; 05-14-2011 at 02:06 PM.
knorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #143
kapsi
kapsi began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1uke View Post
a simpler, and, probably, better alternative is to point the Program to the directory
where your system fonts reside. This can be accomplished by editing the goqt.sh script
sitting in a root directory of fbKindle/FBReader. Find the line
Code:
export QT_QWS_FONTDIR=`pwd`/qtKindle/lib/fonts
and replace it with
Code:
export QT_QWS_FONTDIR=/usr/java/lib/fonts
I did this, changed the font to Caecilia...and everything is in italics now. What's going on? I tried turning off italics everywhere in options but it doesn't work.
kapsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:19 AM   #144
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Question Dictionary lookup?

@h1uke:
AFAIK, some FBReader ports have dictionary integration support (SlovoEd, StarDict etc.)
Any chance you could add StardDict/ColorDict support to fbKindle?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #145
h1uke
Zealot
h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: dxg, k3w,k4nt,kpw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
@h1uke:
AFAIK, some FBReader ports have dictionary integration support (SlovoEd, StarDict etc.)
Any chance you could add StardDict/ColorDict support to fbKindle?
the original dictionary integration code has been retained as is in the fbKindle code.
But, unfortunately, lack of a pointing device on the Kindle complicates possible solution.

Based on my current situation at work, I'd say that there's almost no chances
for me to address this in the next two, or even three months.
h1uke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:07 AM   #146
kapsi
kapsi began at the beginning.

One thing this needs is "go to page" option.
kapsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:40 AM   #147
mao_king
mao_king began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3 wifi
Hello, I've installed fbkindle and run successfully, but I found I cannot use some shortcuts like "C" (next TOC), Leftarrow and rightarrow, and I cannot use any buttons to move cursor to choose books after I typed 'L' to call TOC. what happend to my kindle? how to resolve the problem? thank you very much.
mao_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:45 PM   #148
avidworm
Enthusiast
avidworm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
hi

i am getting "failure" message when i try to unzip the .gz file?

am running firmware 3.3

have tried uninstalling then reinstalling launchpad

any ideas?

cheers!

edit

ooh just noticed and installed coolreader seems very cool! better than fbkindle?

Last edited by avidworm; 10-31-2011 at 03:11 PM.
avidworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:02 PM   #149
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
off topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
I replaced the FBReader binary with one I compiled that fixes some line breaking issues in RTL texts. You can download it from here. The downloaded file FBReader should replace the file /mnt/us/fbKindle/FBReader .

Last edited by thomass; 10-31-2011 at 03:04 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:13 AM   #150
tigerszheng
Enthusiast
tigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheese

Device: 800sg
After I install the fbkindle, there is a problem.

When I set auto-rotation in Kindle DX original system, then launch fbkindle, it works all right except when I rotate the direction of screen, then fbkindle will disappear and back to offical home pages.

then I should relaunch it again.

Is it normal?
tigerszheng is offline   Reply With Quote