Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #421
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
BTW, "to be on sale" means both "to be released" and "to be at a lower price", doesn't it? Is it only in US English? (the second meaning) Thank you
On sale = lower price. For sale = released and being sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post

Patience not being one of my virtues.
Me too! Why can't 'Hurry the f@#k up!' be a virtue?

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 01-10-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #422
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
The wait is going to kill us. Can it be on purpose? (telepathy induced mass murder test)

Kobo Mini and Kobo Touch are marked down right now I'll try to hold on until the drawing but since my registration here, my dear Sony 650 seems upset. I'd better have this issue covered, if I don't want to end up empty handed in the middle of a chapter (again)

BTW, "to be on sale" means both "to be released" and "to be at a lower price", doesn't it? Is it only in US English? (the second meaning) Thank you
On sale is different from For sale in English.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #423
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Thank you Stitchawl and DaleDe
I remember now (that you've told me, that is ). I guess I've been confused by some topic titles and I started to second-guess myself. Since I was exhausted after a long commute by bike, my thoughts were clouded and I couldn't make sense of many things

Back on topic:
Everyone is so busy at this time of year, it must be difficult to run a forum like this one while managing day to day business
Anything worth having is worth waiting for, isn't it?
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #424
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Anything worth having is worth waiting for, isn't it?

I have NEVER been a fan of delayed gratification...

This makes life difficult for my wife around my birthday. If I've seen something that I wanted, I buy it then and there. When my birthday rolls around there is nothing that I've indicated wanting that she can get as a present for me. She's forced to get rather 'creative...'

Stitchawl
Old 01-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #425
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
On sale is different from For sale in English.

Dale
Not necessarily in UK English in my experience.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #426
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Not necessarily in UK English in my experience.
Sorry, I didn't make it clear but the original comment was about American English. I was referencing in context to that comment. Yes, I know the biggest separation between England and the US is a common language.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #427
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Hmmmm ... do you actively eat chicken now?
[Warning: Trick question! Be careful!]
Well, the important thing is that I would never eat any that post to message boards.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #428
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Well, the important thing is that I would never eat any that post to message boards.
DING! DING! Correct answer!

[removing name from victim list for future mystery]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #429
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
We would. And Poohbear wouldn't dare come after us.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #430
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Adding "bloodthirsty & hungry ferrets" to my list of victims ....
gosh, this sequel will write itself!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:16 PM   #431
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Adding "bloodthirsty & hungry ferrets" to my list of victims ....
gosh, this sequel will write itself!
As I was written into the last novel, shouldn't I get royalties?

Stitchawl
Old 01-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #432
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
As I was written into the last novel, shouldn't I get royalties?

Stitchawl
Since you were still (presumably) alive at the end .... NO!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #433
Shushan
Bibliophile
Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Pandigital Novel, PC
Hey, all this talk reminds me ... Poohbear_nc, did you ever find that non-edible avatar?
Shushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #434
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shushan View Post
Hey, all this talk reminds me ... Poohbear_nc, did you ever find that non-edible avatar?
*sob* Sadly .... no ... running for my life will continue in 2013!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #435
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Me too...

With increasing delight
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
win a kobo glo, win a pocketbook touch, win an amazon paperwhite, win an onyx boox, win waterfield kindlecase