Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-06-2008, 07:24 PM   #1
higgs
Connoisseur
higgs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicing

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kindle PW3
Maplin Tool Wallet - Ideal case for PRS-505

For all UK Sony Reader 505 owners;
I was in a Maplin store today and bought a tool wallet for £3.99 which is ideal for the Sony 505. The 505 fits perfectly inside (with cover on), and the case should provide adequate protection while travelling.
I haven't access to my camera at the minute but I hope to post some photos later.
The tool wallet is described as a Small Tool Wallet (NE20) and has Pro'sKit on the front.
The elasticated loops can be cut out or modified to hold the 505 securely.

(I don't know if these cases are available anywhere else or if there any Maplin stores outside the UK)

***edit***
Photos now attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P9070012.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	16098   Click image for larger version

Name:	P9070013.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	16099   Click image for larger version

Name:	P9070015.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	16100   Click image for larger version

Name:	P9070017.JPG
Views:	536
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	16101  

Last edited by higgs; 09-07-2008 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Attached photos
higgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:34 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Their website is: http://www.maplin.co.uk/

This seems to be the wallet that you describe:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=20419

Click image for larger version

Name:	ne20w.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	16073

It looks very useful.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2008, 10:44 AM   #3
dogsballs
Zealot
dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony psr-505
nice find
dogsballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:15 AM   #4
AshW
Connoisseur
AshW doesn't litterAshW doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
Nice. I'll be grabbing one of these next time I'm near a Maplins!
AshW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:37 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I was in my local "PC World" the other day and noticed that there's a whole range of cases available now for these "mini notebooks" that have recently become popular. They'd probably work pretty well for bookreaders too.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2008, 01:38 PM   #6
AshW
Connoisseur
AshW doesn't litterAshW doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I was in my local "PC World" the other day and noticed that there's a whole range of cases available now for these "mini notebooks" that have recently become popular. They'd probably work pretty well for bookreaders too.
I just tried the soft case for my Asus EEE (which was stolen recently so I have no other use for it ) and it works fairly well. It's a little big and the material is not that strong. Kind of like wetsuit material. I'll use it for now though. Might be a while until I can get to Maplins as they stole my car as well
AshW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:00 PM   #7
ZenEngineer
Connoisseur
ZenEngineer has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505
I'll be in London next month, staying just around the corner from a Maplin, so I intend to find one of these and try it out. Thanks!
ZenEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #8
winspiration
Connoisseur
winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, Kindle Fire HD
I just had a look at the website, and Maplins is offering free standard delivery on everything until Tuesday
winspiration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:43 PM   #9
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshW View Post
I just tried the soft case for my Asus EEE (which was stolen recently so I have no other use for it ) and it works fairly well. It's a little big and the material is not that strong. Kind of like wetsuit material. I'll use it for now though. Might be a while until I can get to Maplins as they stole my car as well
Arghh! How terrible. I thought that car theft was much less of a problem in the UK than in the USA.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote