Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
smarties86
smarties86 began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
[Old Thread] Corrupted library database

Hello, I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out but I'm clearly stuck. I use calibre, with the books stored on a SD card so I can move between computers if need to be. For a while, I've been only using it on my desktop perfectly fine; couple of days ago, I tried to use it on my netbook and every time I try to load the library from the SD card, it keeps telling me that the library is corrupted and need to rebuild. When I try to say yes, it takes forever and at the end it says it was unsuccessful.

So I thought oh no, I didn't make any backup of the library, and I opened it up in my desktop, and my desktop had no problem opening it...

The message I got on my netbook is this:

calibre, version 0.8.66
Corrupted database: The library database at E:\SDHC appears to be corrupted. Do you want calibre to try and rebuild it automatically? The rebuild may not be completely successful.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 538, in library_moved
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 229, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 358, in initialize_dynamic
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 314, in run
DatabaseException: unable to open database file
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 271, in run
OperationalError: unable to open database file

any advice how to go about this issue???

Thanks so much for the help!!!!
S
smarties86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:45 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Two questions:

1. Why don't you have a backup of your Calibre library? Isn't it worth anything to you? SD cards aren't exactly the most reliable storage medium.

2. Are you sure that the netbook is trying to open the library in the right location? Try using the "Switch Library" menu item to open it manually.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2012, 06:30 AM   #3
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
I would first try to drag/drop the entire library folder from the SD card onto a proper hard disk.

Twice.

Use one of the copies for your rebuilding and the other might be a partial backup of individual books.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote