Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 11-04-2015, 03:32 PM   #1141
drago87
drago87 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
Found and enabled the PHP setting and now the checkconfig.php is working. not the feed.php or on FBReader. but checkconfig.php says i need to install php5-gd, php5-sqlite and php5-intl

--EDIT--
I managed to install the missing php5 librarys and checkconfig.php checks out ok. but when i try to connect with FBReader at first it connects but when it tries to open it fails. the vierd thing is that i'm using port 8090 but it says it fails to connect to ip:7780

--EDIT 2--
Never mind i still had calibre opend after i shut that down it worked

Last edited by drago87; 11-04-2015 at 04:07 PM.
drago87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:25 PM   #1142
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Great!!!

Now OPDS works as well?

To connect to COPS with OPDS use the following syntax:

(http://)IP: port/feed.php
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2015, 11:20 PM   #1143
drago87

Well i can connect and find the books with FBReader using (http://)IP: port/feed.php
but i'm getting a HTTP/1.1 404 Not found error when trying to download an epub
Old 11-05-2015, 10:47 AM   #1144
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

If you try to connect with FBReader to http://cops-demo.slucas.fr/feed.php are you able to download a book?

Are you able to download a book when using the web interface of COPS (with a browser) on your server?
Old 11-05-2015, 02:19 PM   #1145
drago87

Yes i can connect and download books from http://cops-demo.slucas.fr/feed.php with FBRerader.

I can connect to the webinterface of booth my and the demo server with firefox but not chrome and i'm unsure how to download a file.
Advert
Old 11-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #1146
mariosipad
Guru

Firefox: go to add-ons and install EPUBReader (Awesome!)

After EPUReader is installed you can "download" from COPS by clicking on the <EPUB>
The epub will then open in firefox.

Are you sure the directory/file permissions on the Calibre (COPS) directories are set so that everyone can read them?
Old 11-05-2015, 05:37 PM   #1147
drago87

Ive attached a picture how it looks in firefox after installing the plugin but i still can see a wayto download the books. As for permissons ive cheacked with both the OMV UI and with WinSCP and it is sett to alow read/write
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	COPS.png
Views:	302
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	143499  
Old 11-06-2015, 02:30 AM   #1148
mariosipad
Guru

in firefox now try: http://cops-demo.slucas.fr
Old 11-06-2015, 07:34 AM   #1149
drago87

that works like a charm

however if i do the same on my server when i chose a book and press the epub icon i get
404 Not Found
nginx/1.2.1

but if i press the eye it will open in a new tab and i can read it.

Last edited by drago87; 11-06-2015 at 07:38 AM.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:30 AM   #1150
mariosipad
Guru

The only thing I can think of is to put this line:

$config['cops_use_url_rewriting'] = "1";

in your

config_local.php

file in the cops directory.

Last edited by mariosipad; 11-06-2015 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:33 PM   #1151
drago87

Well this is a bit embarrasing. had earlier changed it to 1 but when i changed it back to 0 it works. tank you for all your help.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:32 AM   #1152
Horus68
Zealot
Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Exclamation Display icon for authors, series, tags and books

How can I display icon for authors, series, tags and books on COPS instance main page?

The images files are here:
https://github.com/seblucas/cops/tree/master/images

They are included as public static icons... but I can't see them anywhere!

Note: File base.php makes a reference to the images as
PHP Code:
    public static $icons = array(

Author::ALL_AUTHORS_ID       => 'images/author.png',

Serie::ALL_SERIES_ID         => 'images/serie.png',

Book::ALL_RECENT_BOOKS_ID    => 'images/recent.png',

Tag::ALL_TAGS_ID             => 'images/tag.png',

Language::ALL_LANGUAGES_ID   => 'images/language.png',

CustomColumn::ALL_CUSTOMS_ID => 'images/tag.png',

"cops:books$"             => 'images/allbook.png',

"cops:books:letter"       => 'images/allbook.png',

Publisher::ALL_PUBLISHERS_ID => 'images/publisher.png'

); 
my config_default.php has proper

PHP Code:
    /*
     * Show icon for authors, series, tags and books on OPDS feed
     *  1 : enable
     *  0 : disable
     */

$config['cops_show_icons'] = "1"

See details:
Issue #228 · seblucas/cops - https://github.com/seblucas/cops/issues/228

Also see my related feature request
Request to beautify COPS: Images in the main screen · Issue #222 · seblucas/cops - https://github.com/seblucas/cops/issues/222

Horus68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 11:08 AM   #1153
mariosipad
Guru

Herewith just my 2 cents on this subject:

1 - these icons are only implemented in the OPDS feed and not in the "main" browser page.
2 - not all expected icons are available (expected in base.php : available in /cops/images)
3 - not all OPSD client apps support this (properly) -> Marvin (iOS) does not while shubook (iOS) does.

I (we) am (are) all patiently waiting for the next version of COPS. Maybe this upcoming version gives the user more flexibility on how COPS can look on a screen?
It's my understanding that the author of cops is working on it but real life takes precedence (as it should!).
Old 11-13-2015, 03:39 AM   #1154
Horus68
Zealot
Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thanks for the input!
If not images then icons from font (as the home icon and the other 3 corner buttons are).
For some reason (my lack of knowledge) I was not able to place any icon (or even text) next to the "authors", series, etc.
Sometimes I hate me when facing the hidden obvious solution!
Horus68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 04:42 PM   #1155
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
When viewing COPS from my Kindle Voyage, the interface is very small. I tried applying different themes but they all are still small. Where do I need to edit to increase the font size and make the interface wider to fill the screen?

And is there a way to hide the download of certain formats? For my kindle, it doesn't make sense to be able to download epub.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology